Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipod classic has just frozen...it will not let me do anything...i have tried to cut it off i have tried to skip to another song i have tried to go to the menu i have connected it to the computer and i have connected it to the ac adapter nothing works

HELP ME

iPod classic, Windows XP

Posted on May 15, 2011 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2011 8:12 PM

Have you tried a hard reset of the iPod? To do this, press and hold both the Select (Center) and Menu buttons together long enough for the Apple logo to appear. This may or may not work the first time around, so be sure to try this troubleshooting procedure at least 3 times.

And if nothing else, let the iPod's battery fully drain and then connect it to a power source to charge back up.

B-rock

20 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2011 8:12 PM in response to dimplesonvalentines

Have you tried a hard reset of the iPod? To do this, press and hold both the Select (Center) and Menu buttons together long enough for the Apple logo to appear. This may or may not work the first time around, so be sure to try this troubleshooting procedure at least 3 times.

And if nothing else, let the iPod's battery fully drain and then connect it to a power source to charge back up.

B-rock

Jun 22, 2012 4:30 PM in response to planb77

many thanks to you , mine just did the same , and after a mini freak out i google and found this site cool ! i did exactly what you said to do and its peachy as ever! i'm really happy because i just bought one of those clock radio little box to put my ipod on so i can hear my playlist loud without been obliged to use earphones which is always a problem when in the kitchen cooking ! i would have been really ****** if i couldnt fix that after spending 65$ on that speaker thing!

my ipod classic has just frozen...it will not let me do anything...i have tried to cut it off i have tried to skip to another song i have tried to go to the menu i have connected it to the computer and i have connected it to the ac adapter nothing works

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.