Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari UI misses mouse clicks

This is a continuation of archived but still urgent issue https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2173738

Safari misses mouse clicks. This is one of the ways how to reproduce (from the above link):

If I click on a menu (in the menubar or a bookmarks bar folder), then click on another toolbar element (button, address bar, tab, another bookmark, etc.), the first click will make the menu go away, but I cannot click on the new toolbar element unless I first mouseover somewhere else to change the focus.

It is still the issue for me (10.6.7, Safari 5.0.5, mouse driver — SteerMouse).

MacBook Pro 15, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 4, 2011 6:31 PM

4 replies

Jun 5, 2011 7:26 PM in response to Allan Jones

Thanks, updated SteerMouse, the same thing. I think it's Safari's bug because it works only in Safari and it works even with touch pad which I suspect uses Apple's driver.

Could you please try it one more time:

1. Make sure you see Bookmark toolbar visible with some bookmarks

2. Click History menu item

3. Click any bookmark (History menu should close)

4. Don't move the mouse

5. Click the mouse second time. Nothing should happen.

Safari UI misses mouse clicks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.