Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 is not activating with iOS5 beta (with developer account)

I do indeed have a developer account for iOS which isn't due for renewal for another 3 months.

The iTunes message is

"We're unable to complete your activation. This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program. If you are a member of the Program, please register your device in the iPhone Developer Program Portal"

I can't find any page to register my iPhone in the iPhone Developer Program Portal.

Is anyone else having this issue?

User uploaded file

Posted on Jun 6, 2011 5:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2011 5:35 PM

http://developer.apple.com/ios/manage/overview/index.action

Click 'Devices' on the left margin.

49 replies

Oct 21, 2011 12:25 AM in response to tella1

I have the same problem, this night Apple changed its beta version and my devices shut down asking to initialize them. Since the I am stuck on a pane telling me my device is not registered, what is completely stupid as I was using ios5 beta till now as an ios developer. Since Lion and ios5 beta I run in endless problems it's a shame.

Oct 21, 2011 12:33 AM in response to tella1

Same happend to me. I ran updates on all Apps late last night. This morning the iphone alarm woke me, but upon trying to unlock and use the phone I got this exact problem. I could not even turn off the alarm other than snooze with the volume buttons.

I have had iOS 5 beta (beta4,5,6...) on the device since summer 2011.

If i go into Xcode Organizer and view this device it says:

"This device is expired and cannot be used with the iOS SDK.

Please install a newer version of the OS."

Oct 21, 2011 12:39 AM in response to tella1

I am having exactly the same issues and it is really annoying. I am at work so to be able to restore and not loose all my stuff i would need to get home first. As everyone else I have made sure my device is still registered under the Devices section in my developer account.

Being unable make or receive phone calls it is useless in it's current state.

Oct 21, 2011 12:43 AM in response to xnav

O M G, why does Apple never documents stuff like this properly? Not only i couldn't find anything without this post pointing me to the devices list after the info on my phone itself is helping me in no way! But what then u genius xnav ?? Why is there no post oder howto within the dev center, why is it always such a hazzle when something goes wrong. So now i cant use my phone until i go to a store or maybe sitting here another hour hoping to find the solution. *** Apple, and the worst part, i had an alarm set which is now giving me **** every couple of minutes and cant be swichted off ... seriously this is BS !

iPhone 4 is not activating with iOS5 beta (with developer account)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.