You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

nookcolor not connecting to home wifi

Hi... computer idiot here. I just bought a nookcolor e-reader, and while it recognizes my home network, it won't let me connect. It did let me connect to the open wifi at McDonalds, so it isn't that the nook is faulty. (We use an Airport Extreme at home as our wireless router.) The person at B&N's technical department told me I "just need to call Apple and have them register the Mac address of my nookcolor in my Airport Extreme router setup because the Mac filtering system is preventing it from connecting." This is basically Greek to me (although I did find out the Mac address of the nookcolor, which has to count for something). Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted on Jun 13, 2011 6:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2011 8:49 PM

Unless you had enabled MAC filtering (known as Access Control within the AirPort Utility) there are NO MAC addresses being stored on your AirPort Extreme and adding the NOOK Color's MAC address would not be necessary.

When connecting to Open Wi-Fi network, there is wireless security enabled. What security type (WEP, WPA, or WPA2) do you have your Extreme configured for? Based on it's User Guide that I just downloaded, the NOOK should be able to support all security types.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 13, 2011 8:49 PM in response to kathleenfromphiladelphia

Unless you had enabled MAC filtering (known as Access Control within the AirPort Utility) there are NO MAC addresses being stored on your AirPort Extreme and adding the NOOK Color's MAC address would not be necessary.

When connecting to Open Wi-Fi network, there is wireless security enabled. What security type (WEP, WPA, or WPA2) do you have your Extreme configured for? Based on it's User Guide that I just downloaded, the NOOK should be able to support all security types.

nookcolor not connecting to home wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.