Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

error code 3259

I keep getting error code 3259 when I try to do the new iphone update?

iPhone 4, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Jun 16, 2011 10:15 PM

12 replies

Jun 17, 2011 8:10 PM in response to Community User

Hey. When your ipod is connected to the itunes press and hold both the power and the home button at the same time. keep holding both untill the connect to itunes symbol apears on the ipod. (which looks like a data cable going to a itunes logo) keep holding the two even when the apple logo comes on. When the connect to itunes logo shows up, look at youre itunes and it will say that your ipod is in def mode and needs to be restores. restore it and youll have the ipod as good as new. on newest ios.

( if while restoring a window pops up that it cant continue due to missed internet connection, and shows error 3259, turn off and exit all the anti virus progrems you are running, and turn off your firewall. do the holding the power and home thing one more time and restore it this time and it should work.)

sorry for the misspelling.

This worked for me when my ipod tough 4g got stuck in recovery mode.

good luck. and let me and others know if it worked so more people can use this.

error code 3259

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.