Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I delete game center?

I would like to delete the game center, can anyone do that?

iPad 2, iOS 4.3

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 3:23 PM

29 replies

Aug 24, 2011 1:28 PM in response to edfromminnetonka

edfromminnetonka wrote:

I want to get rid of game center because I don't play games. I didn't buy an iPhone or an iPad to play games. I don't want my grandkids trying to play games on them. I don't want to give up any memory for a game app that I will never use.

Game Center does not play games or install games.

It is not a game app.

It cannot be deleted.

Sep 4, 2011 1:23 AM in response to lisafromoswego

"If you share an itunes account with your kids - cough - you can be stuck with several insipid games and if one wants to add friends that are not friends with your small children...difficult to undo!"

Much easier to not let your kids download "insipid"games.

Also, don't give your kids your iTunes account password and they cannot use it in Game Center.

Feb 6, 2012 12:36 AM in response to Chris CA

Thanks for suggestion, but I checked my settings in Notifications. Game Center is off. I have never had a problem with Game Center until I upgraded my software on my iPhone 4. I thought it had to do with the iCloud, but was told it was not. The pop up to log in to Game Center shows up every time I start certain games. I select "cancel" option of pop up, then another pop up comes up telling me Game Center has been disabled. Between this and the ads, it is really aggravating!

how do I delete game center?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.