Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic 9 not working in Snow Leopard

Hi, I'm now running 10.6.8 and Logic 9 after using a solid Logic Pro 8 & Tiger. Much to my disappointment the upgrade to Snow Leopard using Logic wasn't great, I couldn't close projects and there were some bugs. Now upgraded to Logic 9 I can't even do anything from save, bounce, close, it just gives me an instant crash, it doesn't even hang.

I understand many people are experiencing some similar issues. I really need to find an explanation and above all a solution?

Do I revert back to the old operating system & run Logic 8? But then won't able to use Motion 5 etc... I feel real stuck here!!!

Any help or feedback will be gratefully appreciated.

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 7, 2011 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2011 5:15 PM

One of the fixes for this and similar problems is to download the latest Snow Leopard Combo updater and install it over the current 10.6.8 installation.

If you've updated incrementally via Apple's "Sortware Update" this could be the problem.

pancenter-

24 replies

Jul 7, 2011 6:56 PM in response to Pancenter

Just to add to Pancenter's suggestions, are you booting into 32 or 64 bit mode?

You can find out by going to the Apple icon top left > About this Mac > More Info > And clicking on the main Software tab > 64-bit Kernel and Extensions: yes/no

If it say's yes to 64-bit, try rebooting holding down the numbers 3 & 2. This will boot into 32 bit mode.

If it 32 bit, try rebooting while holding the numbers 6 & 4. This will boot into 64 bit mode. As long as you have the 64-bit Logic updates, I guess this should work better???

Shooting in the dark here, but Pancenter might be able to clarify if this would help or not.

Jul 8, 2011 1:24 PM in response to Johncito

Johncito wrote:

Pancenter & AssieDJ thank you very much for your comments...

I installed the combo and tried 64bit mode and unfortunately I'm facing the same issue which is killing me? Opens the project no problem then try and save etc it crashes now Logic is unusable.

Hopefully Lion will iron out the creases?

When you run Apple's software update...

Are there any Logic related (proappkit) installs that show up?

Obviously yhis is not affecting everyone or the forum would be chaos.

Well, more chaotic than usual.

pancenter-

posting from Ubuntu Studio

Jul 8, 2011 3:04 PM in response to Pancenter

Hi thanks for getting back to me, there is no pro app kits related in software the update. But I downloaded prokit 6 from apple and tried to install but the a message said there is no need to install and that was it.

I've just tried a random test to record audio into spin doctor to see if it was save and that crashed too? It seems anything to do with audio & saving has an issue? Not just logic.

I'm racking my brains to get to the bottom of this...

Jul 11, 2011 2:06 PM in response to Johncito

Johncito wrote:

Hi Pancenter,

Thanks for your comments, but unfortunately all of the above has not solved the problem? Still the same issue even with a new account? I'm not sure where to turn next? Wait for Lion to arrive, if the same problem is happening do a system backup and revert back to Tiger?

Sorry to hear that John, that's all I got. Some developers I know say don't count on Lion to be the "magic fix" for current software problems. They couldn't (or wouldn't) elaborate. They've been running Dev versions of Lion for a while now.

pancenter-

Jul 14, 2011 7:53 PM in response to AussieDJ

Hi AussieDJ,

I just installed Snow Leopard and am having a similar problem. Quit does nothing and when trying to save a project, the screen flashes white, and crashes.

I ran your command from terminal and here's the result:

com.Apogee.driver.EnsembleFWOverideDriver

com.motu.driver.USBMidiKext

com.paceap.kext.pacesupport.snowleopard

Thoughts?

Thank you!

Logic 9 not working in Snow Leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.