Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How i will check my Apple mail or where pl, bcz i m not able to verify my account

How i will check my Apple mail or where pl, bcz i m not able to verify my account

Posted on Jul 13, 2011 5:40 AM

29 replies

Jul 13, 2011 6:25 AM in response to ktinaa

Indeed!

One of the many drawbacks to the current Apple ID system is that in the past it allowed people to setup Apple IDs that looked like email addresses but aren't, and using domains they shouldn't be able to use e.g. @apple.com

The whole Apple ID system is a huge "bag of hurt" with at least 4 different valid formats that I know of - and needs a major overhaul.

Despite MobileMe not offering @mac.com email addresses/Apple IDs for some years, you can still setup @mac.com Apple IDs for iChat that look like email addresses but aren't, and people with one think they have a MobileMe account or email address, and use it to sign up on websites.

The MobileMe log-in page asks for your Apple ID and frequently confuses many paid up MobileMe members who try to log-in with a different Apple ID for iTunes or these forums, instead of their @me.com / @mac.com Apple ID for their MobileMe account.

Then, there's the fact you can have an Apple ID that looks like an email address, but is actually associated with a totally different real email address.

And finally, there's the fact you can't change an Apple ID in many cases, or merge multiple Apple IDs into one.

Grrr!

Jul 13, 2011 6:29 AM in response to Julian Wright

Tell me about it 😉 This is what I deal with on a daily basis... From what I understand though, they're going to start disabling accounts that don't have valid email addresses associated with them. Clean things up a little! There are soooo many accounts that have been set up with either fake email addresses or just typos in them and rather than editing the account to reflect the proper email address, people just create whole new accounts and then end up with 4-5 accounts in their name.

Jul 14, 2011 1:54 PM in response to Julian Wright

Hi,

Yes this crops up again and again in iChat, trying to explain when an Name is a Valid AIM Screen Name or just a plain Apple ID. (Or rather which Apple IDs are valid with AIM and which are not)

It gets more confusing in that between MobileMe's launch and about 6 months ago now, @mac.com names were not always Apple IDs (it was optional).

Now the Registration page says it will be an Apple ID as well.

It is unclear from what I can make out if the ones in between as Apple IDs or not (I am working on the presumption that all are).

ktinaa wote:-

From what I understand though, they're going to start disabling accounts that don't have valid email addresses associated with them.

Would that include @Mac.com ones ?

It seems unlikely.

The only ones that works as email are the ones people had before MobileMe and chose to link to their MobileMe account (and that gives them two choices as a Valid name for iChat/AIM)

Add the that the fact that the @mac.com registration page has a Password Strength Indicator, prompting longer passwords, there is no info about the AIM servers being limited to only 16 characters.

@ kuldeepmy

If you have registered for MobileMe then you have an Apple ID that works as an Email

You will need to set up the Mail app to proceed further.

If you have set up an @mac.com name for iChat it will need another Email address that the confirmation should be sent to. This Email will be effectively hard linked to the ID which is also a Valid Apple ID.
(You cannot use an email already associated with an Apple ID.)

An @Mac.com name is not a valid email (unless you created before MobileMe was launched and elected to link to the Email part of your MobileMe account.

Apple IDs otherwise are any name that you set up.

Mostly these are email based.

However, as Julian Wright says, only the format (whether it looks like an email) is checked and not whether it is actually Valid.

User uploaded file
9:54 PM Thursday; July 14, 2011

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb( 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.7),
"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Aug 2, 2011 12:06 PM in response to abdul fromnorwich

Hi,

What is the ending to your Eamil address that you are trying to verify ?

This thread already talks about @apple.com ones being reserved for Apple Employees and that the @mac.com ending ones are not in fact an Email addresses (unless it was linked to a MobileMe account at the MobileMe Launch).

Which applications are you trying to use this Email adress ?

I am not sure if MoblieMe has an On line Web Mail page as I don't have MobileMe (May Julian will come back and say).

User uploaded file
8:06 PM Tuesday; August 2, 2011

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Aug 3, 2011 11:31 AM in response to Julian Wright

Hi Julian,

I did think of that but as the poster has posted here I presumed that they had done that.

That was why I asked about the type of Email Address it is.

User uploaded file
7:31 PM Wednesday; August 3, 2011

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Jan 18, 2012 11:59 AM in response to amrit thapa

HI,

That question has been asked 3 times in this one thread.

In your case it is exactly the same as the Original Poster's version.

The answers we have made are unlikely to change.

It may help if you explained the steps you have taken and what does not seem to work properly.

User uploaded file
7:59 PM Wednesday; January 18, 2012

 iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Lion 10.7.2)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.