Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Sharing requires more memory to be available" when I have plenty available already

Error: "Sharing requires more memory to be available. Quit iMovie and relaunch it"

- Relaunching does not work, I have 6gb of free RAM. this error happens with EVERY movie i attempt to export/share, making my imovie unusable.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 16, 2011 10:56 PM

66 replies

Jul 19, 2011 4:18 PM in response to MrAwesome

That amount should be fine. I have a good bit more than that.

At this point, I would guess that one or more of the events on the problem drive has a corrupted cache, thumbnails, or analyzation folder. Most likely cache.

I would remove the cache, thumbnails, and stabilization folders for one event at a time to the desktop until you isolate the problem event. iMovie will rebuild them. Take care not to delete your footage from the camera.

Jul 21, 2011 11:20 PM in response to MrAwesome

Same problem noted here after countless hours of patient frustration troubleshooting, deleting caches, chopping the haystack looking for a needle that doesn't even exist ... iMac 2.4Ghz / 4GB ... basically as always, after filming a race ... i started new project, updated to 10.6.8 and iMovie 9.04 due to that audio issue that's plauged me for quite (not saving changes) ... bam! ... now i can't render this project. Only thing new is i'm using 1080p video ... but i tried scaling all the video down to 720p with no luck either... i'm heading to AppleStore tomorrow ... hoping to render on a real Quad iMac with some beef to it ... this video is important to an entire State, not to mention my daughter Brittney =) GoSEAN.org

"Sharing requires more memory to be available" when I have plenty available already

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.