Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove effects in FCP X

Hi,

Does anyone know how to remove individual effects from clips in Final Cut Pro X?

Once an effect has been added to a clip, it shows up in the Inspector. It can then be turned on or off by using the blue checkbox next to the effect. However, I would like to remove a couple of effects (that are currently turned off) from individual clips in the timeline, so that the Inspector is less cluttered.

This was pretty straightforward in FCP 7, but I cannot see how to do it in FCP X.

Thanks,

Acros-Krik

 MacBook Pro 15-inch 2.66 GHz Core i7 8GB SDRAM 500GB Serial ATA @ 7,200 rpm, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Adobe CS5, FCP X

Posted on Jul 19, 2011 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 19, 2011 1:46 PM

Select the effect in the Inspector or in the timeline buy show the video animation and hit the delete button.

TOnyTOny

20 replies

Jul 22, 2011 8:55 AM in response to Jeaux

Thanks Tom and Jeaux

the paste effect feature is helpful but I really miss the paste attributes feature from FCP 7. In fact I use it most often for pasting (set noise) audio levels. Or for content when figuring out which background to use in a chroma key. But therefor we have audition now. MAYBE I AND WE ALL HAVE TO CHANGE OUR WAY OF DOING THINGS IN GENERAL. But for now I would love to see the paste attributes feature as it was back in FCP.

May 21, 2012 9:51 PM in response to The TonyTony

I don't understand.. ;-(

I am unable to select an effect in the Inspector. I can turn it on or off, adjust its settings, but can't work out how to actually Select it. Hitting Delete deletes the clip (which must be selected in order to see its effects).

Are you able to explain how to select/delete an effect that has been applied to a clip?

Thanks,
Geoff

May 21, 2012 10:07 PM in response to gmrsamson

gmrsamson wrote:

... I am unable to select an effect in the Inspector. ... Are you able to explain how to select/delete an effect that has been applied to a clip?...

do you notice the difference in theses two screen shots?

User uploaded file

in the lower one, the added effect 'Lebendigkeit' is unselected = dark grey

clicking anywhere in this dark grey bar (red oval) selects it:

upper screen shot = light grey.

now selected, hitting 'delete' deletes the apllied effect.

note: the basic eight ones (color, transform ... compositing) can not be deleted, just set to Off (no blue button)

How to remove effects in FCP X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.