Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Logic 8 Compatible with 10.7 Lion?

Hi,

I have Logic Studio 8, for which I payed £300 or so, and I really don't want to be spending £166 on getting the logic 9 upgrade.

However I am currently downloading lion, and would really like to install it on my laptop...

Has anyone tried Logic 8 with OS X 10.7. I've heard a few people say it crashes, however it is a universal app, so technically it should work?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks,

Alex

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 15 inch 4 GB Ram 2.53 gHZ

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 6:43 AM

27 replies

Jul 20, 2011 10:57 AM in response to lexy0202

Wait which version of logic 9 do you have... apparently only 9.13 & 9.14 work (with the dev version).

Also, ben, why don't you have 8.0.2 - try updating to that and running it again?

I think if Apple can't support the two most recent version of their pro apps on their latest operating system that's ridiculous.

I really hope that they patch this (either Mac OS or logic) - so that both 8 & 9 work.

Alex

Jul 20, 2011 2:44 PM in response to mattnein

OK... I've rung Apple and I have the answer.

It's a no for us Logic 8 users...

The guy I spoke to emailed me this: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4807?viewlocale=en_US

He said the only version compatible (officially) is 9.4.1

Just found the upgrade on dv247 for £133 ($200 US I think), and I'm going for that.

Oh well.. it's not like I'm paying to get my software back, I do get flex time 🙂 and the new guitar stuff...

Alex

Jul 25, 2011 7:49 AM in response to lexy0202

Hey guys, Just wanted a chin wag! i jsut rang apple aswell and got the saem answer as lexy, The show package contents jargan for opening logic does work but i get errors, general midi module doesnt work. also there is no upgrade option for logic 9 aparantly you have to buy the whole studio which as a student i can get for £120-130 Uk pounds. Ill be going to snow leopard for the time being OSX lion is wayy to buggy for my liking 🙂

Is Logic 8 Compatible with 10.7 Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.