Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"OS X Lion - Waiting" Can't download Lion.

I have tried to download Lion, but without success.

I purchased Lion from the App Store and the icon on the dock just says 'OS X Lion - Waiting...'

I have restarted twice and I have been able to download other applications from the App Store and Install without issue this morning. Lion has been trying to download and install for 2 hours now, but 0 bytes have been downloaded.

Anyone else having this issue?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 9:12 AM

153 replies

Jun 19, 2018 1:07 AM in response to cyrano5

Hey Guys,

I decided to buy the new OS a little while ago, had the same problem as a lot of you guys did - Lion OS X Waiting - which led me to this page.

Lion OS X is now downloading. It my be specific to my computer but all i did was - Right clicked the App icon in the dock and selected 'Cancel Download' then dragged the app icon out of the dock ( as if you were dragging an app out of the dock you no longer want to show there when not in use) went back to the store and went into the 'purchased' tab, selected 'install' on the OS X lion app and hey presto, it's downloading! 🙂

Jul 20, 2011 11:35 PM in response to cyrano5

WELL I FOUND OUT IF YOU HAVE TO TURN OFF YOUR MAC AND TRY TO GO BACK TO DOWNLOAD THIS PIECE OFA CRAP, IT DOESNT START WHERE YOU LEFT OFF IT GOES BACK TO THE BEGINING AT ZERO... *** BEEN DOWNLOADING THIS FOR LIKE MOST OF THE DAY IS PRETTY F**KED i SORRY TO SAY APPLE GO BACK TO THE DISC INSTALL THIS APP STORE DOESNT NOT CUT IT FOR THIS PRODUCT....... NOT A GOOD IDEA UNLESS YOUR A **** NERD THAT SPENDS MAINLY HIS WHOLE LIFE ON HIS MAC LOL... TO ME WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY........PSSST STEVE JOBS GO BACK USING THE DISC PLEASE IM NOT SPENDING ALL **** DAY DOWNLOADING THIS i DO HAVE A FAST NET BUT DOESNT DOWNLOAD LIEK THIS iM SORRY I WOULDNT COMPLAIN IF IT DID CAUSE IT BE MY FAULT BUT THIS ***** WAKE UP AND LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE THAT BUY YOUR STUFF............... WHAT A WASTE OF F**KING TIME........

Jul 20, 2011 11:51 PM in response to thebigsam

I DO CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ASK FOR YOUR MONEY BACK SORRY BRO IF SOME WHAT TO THINK THIS WILL WORK AFTER ALL DAY AFFAIR I RATHER DO SOMETHING ELSE... THIS IS SO CRAZY EVERYONE SAY GREAT THIS GREAT THAT SORRY BUT THERE OTHER PEOPLE HAVING PROBLEMS HERE ITS TOTALLY CRAZY IT NOT WORTH THE 30 BUCKS OF WASTED DAY....MONEY BACK PLEASE 🙂 THANKS YOU

Jul 21, 2011 12:05 AM in response to cyrano5

I was able to download and install Lion on my 3-yr-old MB Pro--took nearly 5 hrs, but I got there. Mail is a bit strange--sort of like on my iPad. Ditched my incompatible programs, downloaded & installed a new Solitaire and am waiting for the new Across Lite to come out sometime today. Going on the road, for which I take this MB Air, so I figured I'd buy another copy of Lion for it so it'd download overnight and I'll be good to go. I got to the App Store and the Lion download page, and clicked Download and then Buy. I got a popup box informing me I'd already bought and paid for it, and a button asking me if I wanted to download it again for free. (I thought this was odd--$30 gets you more than one license?). Clicked OK, nothing happened, clicked Buy again and the little Lion icon jumped into the Dock, with the comment "Downloading" and the green Buy button on the App Store page turned into a white Installing button. But this time, it's been 2 hrs and there's no blue at all in the Lion icon's progress bar. I just got an e-mail telling me PayPal has issued me a $30 refund from the App Store. Is that why I can't download to this MB Air? Should I abort, try again and then click "Cancel" when I get the dialogue box?

Jul 21, 2011 12:43 AM in response to cyrano5

Having same problem here. It stays on the OSX Lion - Waiting for some time and then returns the following error

"The application could not be downloaded. The server gave an error during download : 503 Service unavailable". Although I have tried downloading other software (free ones) and have no problems at all. Already rebooted couple of times. Help please. I have been awake for more than 18 hours just to get OSX lion installed

"OS X Lion - Waiting" Can't download Lion.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.