Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen Sharing in Lion from iPad

Hello!

I am using 10.7.0 Lion now and when I had 10.6.8 installed (or when booting from the back up) I was able to see my screen from my iPad using Mocha VNC or VNC Viewer.

Now, when I open my mini from the iPad I get a login page, but I can't do anything, I can't type a password or click on the account. This is using Screen Sharing from Preferences.

If I use a server app like Real VNC, I get a black screen on the iPad, but I can move the mouse around and click anywhere I like, but with a black screen.

I am aware that screen sharing has changed in Lion, I can now log on any account on the Mac, but it is not working from the iPad (using Mocha VNC or VNC Viewer).

Can somebody help me? I use this feature every day.

Wilfredo.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7), Mid 2010, 2.4GHz, 4GB Ram

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 3:22 PM

26 replies

Jul 21, 2011 7:48 AM in response to whero

Sorry mate, I have Remoter too (a great client by the way) It worked like a charm when my mini (headless server) was on SL, and now i just have either the "typical iOS/Lion grey fabric background" alone or the login screen.

I can't login and manage my headless mini, like it was just a screenshot, all frozen, no mouse cursor.

But.... Apple remote desktop still works beautifully... without asking anything (no login screen or whatever).

I don't understand what's happening here...

Could someone give me an aspirin please?

Jul 21, 2011 4:20 PM in response to Elbartino

Elbartino wrote:

I use mocha vnc and have the same problem but you can get around it by making a simple macro #T (no space) then your password (no space) #R . When you see the login screen recall this marco and then press the enter arrow in vnc and you will log into lion. Makes it useable until a software fix.

This works like a charm!

I was also able to input the account password and make it work. Don't know what I did, but it is now working in Mocha. I like VNC Viewer too, but sometimes I am able to input the password and sometimes I can't.

Thanks.

Screen Sharing in Lion from iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.