Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Booth Problems in Lion

I upgraded to Lion on my Macbook Pro today.

While testing out the new features, I opened photo booth and saw the first page featuring new face tracking options, but none of them were showing up in the preview or when I tried to click on them. Also, I put my cursor over the 'Camera' option in the menu bar and the application crashed, and continues to do so.

Anyone having the same problem? Any solutions would be appreciated. Thanks : )

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 7:42 PM

24 replies

Jul 21, 2011 12:23 PM in response to thisisgabbie

Yeah, there have been more than a few people complaining about it.

But I actually got mine to work! I found the solution in one of the other discussions.

It turns out I had the "iGlasses" plugin running when I opened Photo Booth, and it caused Photo Booth to run in 32-bit mode. So I just removed the plugin completely. After, I right clicked on the Photo Booth application in my Finder, clicked 'get info', and unchecked the "Run in 32-bit mode" or something like that and it started working for me.

Have you tried this out?

Jul 22, 2011 11:37 AM in response to thisisgabbie

I had the same problem and it has nothing to do with Lion. The way to fix this is to go to your applications folder, find Photo booth and click it once, then Get info. In the get info window that pops out uncheck where it says "view in 32 bit". Close that window and eun photo booth again and all the new effects will now work. Hope this helps, it worked for me.

Photo Booth Problems in Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.