Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen sharing not working Lion Server

I can't connect to my Lion Server from any other Mac. I got it working for a few minutes after the first restart but I can't get it to work now. It's a Mac mini server runnning headless. I've even tried connecting it to a TV for a screen and it looks like everything is still set correctly for screen sharing under remote management. I can connect via the Server Admin app (pretty slim compared to 10.6) and via ssh fine. Services seem to be running OK.

For the life of me I can't see what the problem is. It worked fine under 10.6.8 before upgrading.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7), Mac OS X Server

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 10:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 11:23 PM

My Mini is running server headless and it works fine for Remote Desktop. Are you using ARD or standard Screen Sharing from OSX? Or a VNC client?

Take a look at:

http://technotes.twosmallcoins.com/?p=279

For some notes on how to start the VNC server from the SSH command line.

But, screen sharing should work for you.

5 replies

Screen sharing not working Lion Server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.