Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X Lion internet sharing is so slow on iPad

OS X Lion internet sharing is so slow on iPad, Snow Leopard worked smoothly. Anyone having the same problem? Any work arounds?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 21, 2011 12:37 PM

63 replies

Jul 22, 2011 2:39 PM in response to cesarmascarenhas

Same problem here. I can share over my airport wifi network but it is dirt slow. Trying to copy a 300 meg file from one computer's desktop to another and the progress bar is saying 45 minutes and is just crawling.

I'm sure an update is coming but this is frustrating.

Safari and internet in general is much slower/laggish compared to my desktop which is still on Snow Leopard.

Jul 25, 2011 11:40 AM in response to cesarmascarenhas

Lion broke my internet sharing as well. Had it working perfectly with Snow Leopard. Have gotten another Mac running Snow Leopard to work perfectly using the same exact settings.

I originally had it sharing Airport > Ethernet. Based on internet suggestions, I also tried WiFi > Ethernet. Did not help.

I have Applecare, and when I called they said that they "do not support Internet Sharing". What ********. I could see them not wanting to support the many many possible devices out there that people are trying to share their internet with, but if something is clearly broken they should help to troubleshoot it.

OS X Lion internet sharing is so slow on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.