Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi doesn't restore like it used to after sleep

Before the Lion upgrade, our Macbook Pro would very quickly and reliably pick back up on the wifi network and reconnect.

Since Lion, pretty much every time (can't speak for the occasions my wife used it), it's either MUCH slower to reestablish the wifi connection or it doesn't do it at all. Can be solved by turning the wifi off then back on again, but this is a pain.

Has anyone else encountered the same?

Could it be related to the new config required to provide the 'Airdrop' functionality? (maybe disabling Airdrop would solve it?)

Alastair

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 12:36 PM

73 replies

Jul 28, 2011 6:48 PM in response to SoAmI

The key chain solution worked for me...for the most part. I also had to erase all the stored "locations" in the Open Network Prefernces menu. Another weirness of the Lion OS, is that all these changes to the key chain and "locations" did not take affect until I turned the computer on and off.

Jul 29, 2011 10:17 PM in response to alastairmac

Well, I called Apple today and the person I spoke to indicated that they knew nothing about the issue. They instead asked me to rest my PRAM & NVRAM and reset the SMC. I was unable to reset the SMC controller because I can't remove the battery...I reset the PRAM / NVRAM and the problem still exists.

I have an appointment with the local Apple store on Sunday AM (kinda busy on Saturday) so I hope to know more then as I can recreate this anytime I choose.

More later....

Jul 30, 2011 7:34 AM in response to alastairmac

I THINK IT IS FIXED!!!

As per instructions from Apple, I reset the SMC controller (for those of you with newer MBP's, look for the alternate instructions as we can not remove our batteries).

Do a search for the following for complete (easy) instructions:

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

(remember to leave the mag-safe power adapter connected to your laptop...only unplug the power adapter from the wall).

Good luck!!

WiFi doesn't restore like it used to after sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.