Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable auto hide menu bar when using full screen apps

I have been trying to find a solution for this and can't seem to find one. I prefer keeping the menu bar at the top of the screen.

Has anyone figured out how to disable the auto hide of the menu bar?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 22, 2011 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2017 11:45 AM

Indeed, this feature is so aggravating. It's not the hiding that's aggravating so much as the un-hiding, the way the menu bar jumps out under your mouse cursor when you were really just going to the top of the window to click a tab or something.

32 replies

Aug 22, 2012 7:22 AM in response to webgeek24

User uploaded file

So I had a "duh" moment. I realized that I used the 'expand to full screen' arrows in the upper right of my Safari toolbar. If you are in full screen, you will not see them. How do you know you are in full screen? Autohide is on. Simply hit your escape button (esc). If nothing happens, click on a page, wait a moment, then hit escape. You will be dropped out of full screen, and Autohide is now off.

You will now see the expand to full screen arrows in the upper right of your Safari tool bar.

Disable auto hide menu bar when using full screen apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.