Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get mouse zoom to work in Lion?

After upgrading to Lion, the CTRL-Scroll doesn't work, even though it appears to be enabled in the "System Preferences".

Here is what I have enabled, in the Mouse settings:

User uploaded file

And in the Universal Access settings:

User uploaded file

I've tried enabling, disabling, etc. Nothing seems to work. When I turn on "Zoom in Window" in the Universal Access settings, the zoom works, but only in a little window. I'd like to zoom the entire screen like in Snow Leopard..

Any suggestions?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 6:52 AM

25 replies

Jul 23, 2011 12:56 PM in response to Ben_L

I had the same problem. Then I started messing around with the zoom system preferences and it all got screwy. The screen expanded out so far I couldn't get to any of the control icons, couldn't shrink the screen. Finally had to restart by pushing the power/start key on my Mac Air. When it booted up it came back to the expanded screen but the control/scroll worked this time so I could get it back to normal. There's obviously a bug with this as I've seen other posts here and there about similar issues. If you can leave feedback with Apple so that hopefully this will be addressed with the other issues as well.

Aug 2, 2011 8:27 PM in response to Ben_L

After reading and trying all the suggestions in this thread I found that all were tempoary, the bug keeps coming back and the only solution (so far) is to restart the computer. This is unacceptable so I searched for a third party solution.

There is a utility called Point N See that is Lion compatible. It provides a simple zoom in a window. It's not as elegant as the native zoom but it works. Find it at http://customsolutionsofmaryland.50megs.com/pointnsee.htm/.

How do I get mouse zoom to work in Lion?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.