Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Samsung phone support for isync

Does anyone have any ideas on when Apple will support Samsung phones with isync? Considering there ipod nano uses samsung hardware I would have thought this would be a given.

Samsung SGH D600, Mac OS X (10.4.4)

Posted on Jan 18, 2006 1:52 AM

53 replies

Jan 18, 2006 3:16 PM in response to Graeme Ortlieb

I doubt we will see support for Samsung before we die.

But RUMORS persist: There are ways to iSync a Samsung!

But how?????

Answer: We need some BRILLIANT TECHIE TO READ THIS AND WEIGH IN?!....

Me, I can't even get the bluetooth to work with my Mac (I have the awesome new skinny T809 for which I dumped my V3) but the phone does come with USB.

HAS ANYONE OUT THERE iSync'd a Samsung?

powerbook, G-4, iMac Mac OS X (10.3.9)

powerbook, G-4, iMac

Jan 18, 2006 10:04 PM in response to Graeme Ortlieb

A limited number of Samsung mobile handsets or smartphones - those which use the Palm OS - are supported by iSync. For example:

• SPH-i300 [CDMA - now discontinued]
• SPH-i330 [CDMA - now discontinued]
• SPH-i500 CDMA - available from Sprint Wireless
• SGH-i530 GSM tri-band but without Bluetooth built-in
• SCH-i539 CDMA - available only for China Unicom subscribers
• SPH-i550 [unreleased and probably cancelled]

Of these models, I believe that only the SPH-i500 is currently available in the US, and only from Sprint Wireless. It's no longer featured online, but may be available from their customer support operation or from selected dealers.

Jan 20, 2006 12:53 AM in response to Michael Lafferty

Thank you, Michael. Excellent info for Mac users with the Samsungs mentioned.

But a gloomy scenario overall for the future. Take the Samsung T809, for example. It's spanking new, and a high-end, sliding 'super-thin' phone designed to compete with the motorola V3. It should sell well.

Shame we can't iSync it.

If anyone hears of a "patch" appearing for late-model Samsungs, please post notice here!

powerbook, G-4, iMac

powerbook, G-4, iMac

powerbook, G-4, iMac

Feb 19, 2006 6:01 AM in response to craydoh

Hi

Samsung make great phones, much better then other phones out there that are supported by iSync now and in the near future., it is not Samsung that has the problem here.

if you want a solution for any phone just avoid Apple's iWorld, which is limited to the latest Apple licenses and marketing agreements, Apple or other name bran competing manufacture like Microsoft do not support products unless they make a buck from it all somehow or so many people use the products that they managed to get interest.

There are a few products which work for mac and PC and do way more then iSync and iThis or iThat., its just that we actualy have to pay for them that sticks, but they work.

Feb 20, 2006 12:26 AM in response to Logic Pro

Hi Logic Pro,

I quote you:
"There are a few products which work for mac and PC and do way more then iSync and iThis or iThat., its just that we actualy have to pay for them that sticks, but they work."

I don't think that it does help.

Until today, I couldn't find any single software that resolves the address book synching issue of Samsung D500.

OnSync, the recurrent reference for this matter, doesn't work (for my phone at least).

Feb 21, 2006 4:55 PM in response to Logic Pro

I'm really interested to know where you did get such precise info on how Apple's technical decision are made...

Can't you even imagine that it's more of a technical problem? (I mean a technical problem that's hard enough to discourage Apple putting money in trying to solve it RIGHT NOW).

Especially for this phone:
1) it uses SyncML and clearly, iSync does not support SyncML now
2) from some page I've found on the web, the phone does not seem to support SyncML a very standard way (maybe that's why I did not find any linux app supporting the phone right now).

Mar 13, 2006 2:56 PM in response to Engin Ozden

No, he is referring to the Samsung SPH-i500 CDMA smartphone listed above and available from Sprint Wireless in the US. It is a Palm OS device and is, therefore, supported by the Missing Sync for Palm OS.

The Samsung SGH-D500 is a tri-band GSM mobile handset using a proprietary Samsung operating system known as RTK-E, and is not compatible with iSync.

Samsung phone support for isync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.