Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bootcamp Macbook Air 2011 "No Bootable device"

Hello,

I'm trying to install windows 7 on my brand new Macbook Air. It's the Macbook air Mid 2011 with Mac Os Lion. I used bootcamp to create a bootable USB Drive with the windows installation and the windows support drivers. After that bootcamp starts partitioning and then reboots. Up to the reboot everything seems to work as it should. During the reboot I get a black screen with the message: "No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key". I am able to boot of the bootable USB drive on my windows PC so it seems the USB drive is OK. To make sure I tried two different windows DVD's. Any idea's on fixing the problem?There's not much information on internet yet about the new bootcamp in OS Lion. Been trying the whole day so I hope someone can help me out.

Greetings Johan

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 29, 2011 12:26 PM

57 replies

Jul 29, 2011 2:28 PM in response to Trey992

Could you point me to the discussion because I read the other posts but I didn't find anyone with the same fault. I only found a sollution of rebuilding the ISO but I did that already about ten times. I tried it via bootcamp and with Windows 7 download software for DVD/USB on the PC. Still the same message.

Jul 30, 2011 12:47 AM in response to SamA1R

Thanks for the link to the article, however it refers to last year's model and doesn't really address the original poster's question. I am also stuck in the same spot. Spent quite a while creating a bootable USB stick and get the "No Bootable Device -- insert boot disk and press any key" error. I then connected up my CD drive with my Windows CD and same error.

Has anybody been sucessful at getting Win 7 onto their Bootcamp partition? I'm thinking there has to be some manual way to do this. I see that I have a Bootcamp partition ready to be set up, however I'm not familiar enough with DVD-less Mac's to know what the possible work around might be.

Thanks for your help!

Jul 30, 2011 7:42 AM in response to Oehoe

In my case : no problem to launch Windows installer from a USB Flash Key

- Windows Home Premium 64bits French (official, DVD)

- image ISO built with "ISO recorder 3.1" (from a PC running Vista and DVD reader)

- MBA mid 2011 13" Lion / Bootcamp 4.0.1 (429)

ISO file copied on MBA desktop

BOOTCAMP : 3 boxes checked (@ "Select Tasks" step, sorry I don't have the english version)

Then wait around 5 to 10 mn to get a bootable key filled with :

- Windows 7 (from ISO)

- and a directory "WindowsSupport" (from web)

Split the SDD (in my choice 50/50%)

Then install starts....(steps, ...)...... then it shows 4 partitions

The fourth one is labelled BOOTCAMP but it isn't yet an UMTS one

So I use "format" (the label "BOOTCAMP" is erased), 125 Go are available

And... END of story, because I can't find any certified driver (Windows installer needs drivers to recognize the UMTS partition)

In the past, it was solved by an update of BOOTCAMP, so should I wait or ... cry ?

Bootcamp Macbook Air 2011 "No Bootable device"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.