Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail no longer shows attachments in paper clip column

Since updating to Lion, new emails that have attachment do not have a paper clip showing in that column. Old emails have it. I need it to show and can't figure out how to make that happen.

I'm sure it simple, can anyone help?

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jul 30, 2011 6:10 PM

38 replies

Jul 30, 2011 6:33 PM in response to leroydouglas

They were in the Sent box, and I dragged to another mailbox. But the paper clip didn't show up in the Sent box or the box I dragged to.

The paper clip column heading is shown, but there is no indication next to teh new mail messages that have attachments. When I open the message, the attachments are there.

Thanks

Sep 9, 2011 8:00 AM in response to kkd78

Exact same problem here. Have you heard anything yet? Nothing in this thread either applies directly, or fixes the issue, for me. 10.7.1, Apple Mail (all current), multiple POP and IMAP accts checked, no paper clips in Sent. Tried, for fun, to moving sent mail with attachments (and no clip) into another mailbox, like Inbox, to see. Still didn't show up. No response from Apple on bug report, of course.

Sep 9, 2011 8:38 AM in response to artboygrafix

artboygrafix wrote:

10.7.1, Apple Mail (all current), multiple POP and IMAP accts checked, no paper clips in Sent. Tried, for fun, to moving sent mail with attachments (and no clip) into another mailbox, like Inbox, to see.

Still didn't show up. No response from Apple on bug report, of course.

I did get a follow up from the bug report on Date: August 15, 2011

From the Developer Support- it is a known issue.

Apr 12, 2012 7:44 PM in response to Ashka

I have 0SX 10.7.3, I'm in classic layout mode because that's what I prefer. After switch to Lion, the paperclip for sent emails simply does not appear. Perhaps it does for you, but it does not for me, and apparently many others. If we could figure out why it is a problem for some but not for others, maybe a fix could be worked out.

If I open the email, then I can see the attachment, but this isn't the problem. The problem is that the paperclip doesn't show up in the paperclip column for any sent email, so when I'm trying to find sent emails with attachments, I can't identify those with attachments.

It is also odd, because the clip DOES appear for incoming mails, just not sent mails.It's a real pain, and clearly many people have this problem and Apple has not solved it.

Apr 13, 2012 5:48 AM in response to maestrodave

Thunderbird works fine, I've used it off and on, no complaints at all - message rendering is good, but I've noticed one or two odd things which may have more to do with the message, not the mail app. If you're an iPhone user, I dont know how well it integrates, but it's the best desktop mail option if you want to ditch Apple Mail, IMO. I can't believe how annoying it is not to have the paperclip for attachments in sent mail in Apple Mail, but it really is bothersome. Has anyone found a plug-in for Mail that fixes this? Clearly Apple has other fish to fry.

Mail no longer shows attachments in paper clip column

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.