Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

With iTunes 10.4 I can access iTunes store

I downloaded version 10.4 of iTunes and I cannot get access to iTunes store. Synchronization also is too slow.

Posted on Aug 1, 2011 8:51 AM

29 replies

Aug 1, 2011 11:13 AM in response to almafromhumacao

I'm having the same issue. I have Windows 7 (64bit). Everything worked fine until the last itunes update, now it won't load the store home page at all. I've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, checking my firewall, etc. Still no luck. Guess apple doesn't want me to buy anymore music form them. Think I'll start using Amazon again.

Aug 2, 2011 5:14 PM in response to almafromhumacao

In spite of all the useless apple support advice, the solution that worked for me was simple and not even discussed in any apple support solution.

You need to reset your winsock by running your command prompt as administrator. In windows 7, click on your start menu, go to accessories, right click on the command prompt icon and choose "run as administrator". Once it opens, type in the following command...

netsh winsock reset

hit enter and it should say something like winsock reset successful now reboot your computer. Reboot and once you're back up your itunes should be able to access the store no problem.

Hope this helps.

Aug 5, 2011 4:16 AM in response to almafromhumacao

I'm having similar issues (also with Safari).

I raised a support email to Apple/itunes and got the standard 'you will receive a response within 24 hours' auto responder. That was the day before yesterday. So It doesn't seem like apple/itunes are going to be too much help.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one suffering. I'll try the winsock thing and the full apple uninstall and see how it goes.

Heck if I get bored I'll reinstall windows from the ground up.

Aug 11, 2011 8:37 AM in response to almafromhumacao

In spite of all the useless apple support advice, the solution that worked for me was simple and not even discussed in any apple support solution.

You need to reset your winsock by running your command prompt as administrator. In windows 7, click on your start menu, go to accessories, right click on the command prompt icon and choose "run as administrator". Once it opens, type in the following command...

netsh winsock reset

hit enter and it should say something like winsock reset successful now reboot your computer. Reboot and once you're back up your itunes should be able to access the store no problem.

Hope this helps.

This worked like a charm... Ive literally been troubleshooting this for three days now... in and out of my router... firewall... virus software... and it was this simple... i almost hate that it was this easy... eff! 🙂

With iTunes 10.4 I can access iTunes store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.