Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Completely Losing WiFi Connection

Just got my new MBA 13" two days ago, and I love it. But two times already, on wake after sleep, the WiFi has turned itself off AND is impossible to turn back on! Logging in / out won't do, but a restart fixes the problem. (And I have been using macs since 2005, so I'm not just being silly.) I have seen dropouts and slow network speeds reported, but this seems like a different problem. I guess it could be Lion, the MBA or a mix.

Anyone experiencing this problem / with a fix?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Aug 5, 2011 11:54 AM

5 replies

Aug 8, 2011 9:43 AM in response to apptastic

Since Lion I've had this problem on my MBP which is around 8 or 9 months old. Never had this problem with SL. Usually if I click to turn it on or off after sleep I get the spinning beachball, if I wait 2-3 minutes it usually responds and subsequent changes from on to off or vice versa only take a few seconds.

I started turning it off because sometimes after waking from sleep I'm connected but don't recieve anything. Turning WiFi off, then back on seems to reset whatever gets messed up by going to sleep.

Gota love being a Beta tester for Apple... no wait, I beta test other company's software and paid for the full release version of Lion.

Aug 24, 2011 7:14 PM in response to apptastic

I have to reboot my 2 week old mba 20 to 30 times a day to reestablish my wi-fi connection at my home and at my son's home. My HP Win 7 machine isn't having these probs. Apple store tech (a relative) says is an identified problem that would get better with the first Lion update but it seems worse. My first Mac & is disappointing! It almost always restablishes connection but need to stay connected longer to get work done.

Completely Losing WiFi Connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.