Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wrist rest for Wireless Keyboard?

Now that I've switched from a PC to an iMac with the Apple Wireless Keyboard, my old wrist rest is much too thick. Can you recommend a wrist rest that does the job yet is suitably thin to match the low profile of the front of the Apple Wireless Keyboard?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 3.4GHz Corei7, 16GB, SSD + 2T HD

Posted on Aug 10, 2011 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2011 7:00 AM

Before anyone writes to tell me that resting my wrists on a pad while typing leads to carpal tunnel syndrome: I know! The pad is actually for resting the heels of my hands when the typing stops. Without a pad, the heels would rest on the oh-so-hard desktop surface.

22 replies

Aug 12, 2011 5:44 PM in response to luanfromparkland

Thanks for that pointer. I'm a bit leery, though, of a pad covered in leather: that could be cold in winter and too smooth always. I'm hoping to find something thin (obviously, given the dimensions of the wireless keyboard) and and with a cloth-like top.

I did see a listing for the JS Designs wrist rest at amazon.com, but no user reviews yet.

Aug 13, 2011 11:46 AM in response to murrayE

I'm the person behind the JS Designs wrist rests. I created these wrist rests because I had the same problem you're facing- there wasn't anything else available. They've only been on the market for about a week and the first units have just arrived in customers' hands, so I hope to see some reviews soon. If you give one a try, I'll be happy to work with you to ensure you're satisfied.

--Jeff

Dec 8, 2011 5:32 PM in response to conejo61

JS Designs also makes a wrist rest originally intended for an Apple wired keyboard. It's just the right length to extend the width of the Magic Trackpad when the latter is placed alongside the Apple wireless keyboard. (It ever so slightly longer than the sum of the widths of the two, so you don't have to push the trackpad right up against the keyboard.)

See, e.g.: http://www.amazon.com/Wrist-Apple®-iMac®-Wired-Keyboard/dp/B00570BV6A

Dec 8, 2011 7:48 PM in response to Jeff_in_NC

the existing wrist rest won't work for me, I use a wired keyboard, need the full numeric keypad and have had nothing but problems with the wireless ones. And even if I did use it, I never have my trackball or trackpad parallel to the keyboard anyway.

Wish the wrist rest for the trackpad was available now. If I haven't found something else I like by then I'll check yours out. I have no idea how to send you a note, though.

if you can, put rmathes1ATmeDOTcom on your list.

Dec 8, 2011 8:09 PM in response to conejo61

We do have another option. Starting tomorrow, we'll be liquidating our "B-Stock" (or "factory second") imperfect large wrist rests. These units tend to have rough edges and we can't sell them at full price. If you want to buy one and trim it to size, you can use coupon code 2NDGRADE at Amazon (MurrayE has the link above) starting on 9 December 2011 and get one for only $7.99.

Since there's not an easy way to contact forum members, just post a note here if you're interested, turn on email notifications for thread updates, and we'll post a message when the wrist rests for Magic Trackpad are available.

Thanks everyone!

wrist rest for Wireless Keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.