Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion Server WebDav upload issues

I'm currently running 10.7.0 Lion Server with a WebDAV share for use with iWork on my iPad. I'm able to connect to the share both on a local network and through a remote 3G or Wi-Fi connection and am able to download documents perfectly fine. My problem is in uploading any file, whether originally created on the iPad or on my Mac. When I attempt to upload a file to any directory on the server, it shows the loading bar go most of the way then cancels out. A file with the correct name will show up in the directory on the server but has a file size of 0kb and refuses to open.

Emailing documents works perfectly fine as does uploading files to my iDisk. I also am able to use a 3rd party app called WebDAV Navigator to successfully upload files to the server. This appears to only affect iOS iWork on both my iPad and iPhone 4.

Is there anyone who has this issue or has found a fix?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7), (2010) i5 2.8ghz

Posted on Aug 12, 2011 9:46 PM

6 replies

Sep 15, 2011 1:36 PM in response to Dan_Henese

I just had the same problem with my first attempt to pulad a file from my iPad to the Lion Server using WebDAV. The indiscator progressed fully to the right and seemed to indicate a full transfer. The finder on the server has the correct icon andname, but the file size is 0.

Downloads from the server work fine.

Unfortunately, I don't have a clue where to start to find the problem or a fix.

Sep 23, 2011 11:45 PM in response to Dan_Henese

Small update. I'm not exactly sure what I did but I seem to have fixed my problem.

I switched domains for my server. Initially I was using a purchased domain forwarded to a DynDNS.com domain which is linked to my router's IP. Since I moved my webpage to web.me.com for the time being, I redirected my purchased domain to point to the new location and no longer pointing to my server. This required me to log out of WebDAV on the iPad and log back in using my DynDNS name to get back to the server. I'm not sure if it was something to do with the domain name change, or just re-logging into the iPad's iWork (which I'm pretty sure I tried before), but things work perfectly now; navigation, downloads and uploads.

Hopefully this can point you towards a fix, but it just seems like there must be something else that caused it to start working; these changes don't seem like they'd effect the upload of files.

Jan 10, 2012 1:03 PM in response to Nigel Davies

While my issue seemed to have resolved the original problem, I have done a reinstall of Lion Server since then which probably took care of it. I'm now running WebDAV through SSL just fine with a strange issue of not being able to rename folders, but that's an issue with WebDAV and not iOS.

I hadn't caught the mention of WebDAV in the patch notes so thanks for that bit of info.

Lion Server WebDav upload issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.