3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 3, 2011 4:32 PM by Grant_M
Grant_M Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hey Apple,

When you send out a new version of OS X the first version or two has re-indexing problems (or maybe it's an indexing problem). 

I have 200 GB free out of 500 on a 2011 17" MacBook Pro.  After using the Internet I will get a rainbow wheel with Word or Paged, or can't see folder files when trying to save files, then I have to force restart the OS.  After Word 2011 macro virus fixes, SMC reset, PRAM reset and Disk Utility "Repair Disk Permissions", and/or restarting OS 10.7.1 with a different user, OS 10.7.1 re-indexes for at least two hours.

Apple recently sent out a survey on Mac App Store that I was happy to take even more time to respond to.

There are several Apple Support Communities posts like these now.  Can an Apple Support leader please address these phenomenon?

Lion will at random have Spotlight re-index itself

572 Views                                4 Replies                    Latest reply:                    Aug 11, 2011 9:28 AM bydnncha

since updating to lion, my spotlight is constantly indexing.

644 Views                                8 Replies                    Latest reply:                    Aug 16, 2011 7:00 AM byGrant_M

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.1)