Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

To properly uninstall and reinstall iTunes

Attached is a link on how to properly uninstall and then reinstall iTunes. I originally wrote it as a fix for the ITunes 10.4 Blank iTunes Store window problem, but it is really specific instructions for uninstallation and reinstallation of iTunes. If you are upgrading to the latest version of iTunes you won't have to bother with copying and renaming the iTunes Library.itl file. You will if you are downgrading to an older version of iTunes. I think a proper uninstallation and reinstallation of iTunes will solve a lot of problems, not just the Blank Screen one. I hope this helps. Please let me know.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3287035?answerId=16017918022#16017918022

iTunes 10-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 25, 2011 9:16 PM

4 replies

Aug 27, 2011 11:37 AM in response to bukifvr

It all began when I clicked the automatic update to the newer version of iTunes. Since then I've completely uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, QuickTime and other components for Windows 7 (64 bit) SIX, count 'em SIX times! I even went to the genius bar and tried to uninstall and reinstall the program with them and got the same error message -- "QuickTime unavailable. QuickTime was not found. QuickTime is required to run iTunes. Please uninstall iTunes, then install iTunes again." They said it was a Windows issue. Someone else suggested that I might not have administrator rights (I do). Ironically, when I did a complete uninstall/reinstall (via the directions on article HT1923) in the office, while connected to our server, it worked! But when I tried to click on iTunes on my home wireless network, I got the "QuickTime unavailable..." error message. can't get iTunes to work on my laptop which is running Windows 7 home premium, 64 bit OS.

I've read many of the the folks suggestions in the support community. I've downloaded CCleaner and run it until the laptop was "clean." I've turned off and rebooted after cleaning, before reinstalling. I've even defraged the disk, rebooted the PC and then tried to reinstall iTunes. But,alas, to NO avail. I can't get iTunes to work!

Help please! I'm a damsel in iTunes distress!!!

Thanks in advance for talking me off this Apple cliff...😕

Aug 27, 2011 1:32 PM in response to jsyep

I'm not clear from what you've posted, is this the same laptop that works on the company network, that then doesn't work when you are at home? Do you use the same credentials to log into the laptop at each location. It sounds to me as if, when you are not at work, your account (admin or not) doesn't have sufficient permissions to access some of the QuickTime files. You may need to grant both your own accounts and SYSTEM full access to all the folders involved. This might have happened if you chose to install iTunes for "just you" instead of "all users".

tt2

Aug 27, 2011 4:54 PM in response to turingtest2

polydorus is our authority on this one (iTunes reporting QuickTime is missing even though QuickTime is installed) ... it's a strange issue related to the Path environmental variable on the PC. It's not an easy issue to troubleshoot, but there's some documentation on what to do in the following thread:

ITunes will not start on my Toshiba Satellite Computer

To properly uninstall and reinstall iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.