You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to export to Snapfish. Keep getting: Network error.

You are not connected to the internet. Please connect to the internet and try again. However, I am connect to the internet (safari is fine)

iPhoto '11

Posted on Sep 9, 2011 7:54 PM

18 replies

Sep 13, 2011 10:23 AM in response to Molloy144

From Snapfish support:

Hi and welcome to Snapfish Live Help. How may we assist you today?

You are now chatting with 'Vamshi'

Vamshi: Hi Rob,

Rob: Hi Vamshi-

Rob: The iPhoto export plugin located here: http://www.snapfish.com/snapfish/iphotoexporter, no longer works after updating iPhoto to version 11.

Rob: Do you know of anything being done to update your iphotoexporter product?

Vamshi: I'm sorry about this issue. This is a very recently reported bug. We have our engineers looking into this right now with the highest priority. We don't have an ETA for resolution yet as the issue is so new.

Rob: Do you know where and if any of the package files are accessible? I would like to look at the code/scripts and try to figure it out myself.

Vamshi: Unfortunately you will have to wait until it gets fixed.

Rob: That's too bad. We REALLY rely on this. Can I be added to a beta tester list or can my email address be sent to the engineers so I can test builds?

Vamshi: Unfortunately it is not possible.

Rob: Too bad. Okay, thank you for your time.

Sep 22, 2011 6:27 PM in response to LarryHN

LN--> Not helpful. There are tons of folks out here, myself included, that have been using the Snapfish plugin for years. For most, the exporter has been working well until very recently, this is well documented on other forums here. The fact that iPhoto doesn't support this is a) known to us and b) seems immaterial, as the situation is the same for many other plugins, ie for Safari.

Oct 20, 2011 7:33 PM in response to Molloy144

I have been having this issue for weeks as well. Updated to iphoto'11 to see if it would fix it, it did not. (My issue started around the time iphoto'11 was released but is/was occurring on both versions. very disappointed as it makes exporting to snapfish horrible...hope snapfish fixes it soon, but unfortunately their support leaves a lot to be desired most of the time.

Oct 24, 2011 7:40 PM in response to Molloy144

dfrommedford, right there with all of you. LarryHN, thank you for your insightful comment, but we all want someone from Apple and/or Snapfish to come together and escalate the problem (by now they've been aware of if for over a month). Nobody care's about Apple's 3rd party support corporate policy when their wife is asking them to fix the iPhoto export problem on her idiot proof Mac when all you want to do is watch the world series.

Here's that annoying screenshot of the problem.

User uploaded file

Trying to export to Snapfish. Keep getting: Network error.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.