Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alternative stand

I'm looking for a way to lower my screen all the way down to my desk. I have no wall to hang it off, and most arms add to much depth so the screen comes too close for me. One solution I'm now looking at is a custom-built stand using VESA mounts, which is bolted to the desk. Hardly elegant.

With a handy-man, we were looking at solutions, and we flipped the screen to get a better idea. We both were reminded of the Sony TV, which has a base like this. But of course, that's can't work because of the air intake and sound output. But the idea got us thinking and I remembered the PadFoot. Not exactly what I was looking for, because it doesn't lift the screen an inch from the desk. Also, 2 feet should be used and they should be connected somehow and probably also support the screen's back somewhere - making it more like this ...

User uploaded file.

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 8:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 8:56 PM

Thread answered here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3338338

1 reply

Alternative stand

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.