Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My apple tv recently started showing only Internet, Computers and Settings as options

My apple tv recently started showing only Internet, Computers, and Settings as options. Does anyone know where the Television and Movies went. Anyone else experiencing this issue? I want my MLB and Netflix!

Posted on Sep 22, 2011 6:43 PM

19 replies

Mar 25, 2012 9:36 PM in response to cwalker123

I had the loss of Internet after updating to 5.0.

Only Computers and Settings are available.

I tried through Ethernet cable, manual settings of the IP addresses etc. but no result. still only Computers and settings.

It communicates with internet for Home sharing etc. Checking the network through ATV is happening. Only problem is "internet " option is not visible.

I have not changed any settongs in the wifi router during this process. The same ATV was working with all 3 options before update. will the update do any changes to WIFI Router in blocking DNS etc?

Any advice will be ok.

sathyam

Apr 5, 2012 1:15 AM in response to sathyam

Dear all,

I reported this issue of loss of internet after updating the software to 5.0 in Apple TV.

I tried all the simple and logical things like restart, reset, reboot, check the router etc.

after all my trial i refered it to my IT guys.

When they checked the router setup , they found that the DNS server Address as same as the Router IP Address.

Then they said that the DNS Server address should be the IP address of the ISP .

I changed the DNS Server IP Address to the ISP (internet Service Provider).

Immediately every thing became OK. Apple TV is not showing internet as the Router is not connected to the internet.

Now i have a fantastic screen with all the Interent options in the form of icons. Therefore instead of playing with the Apple TV settings pl check the wifi router settings for the DNS address. once this set correctly in the router everything becomes easy.

Pl check the wifi router's IP address and ISP's DNS server address. It should be different. The software 5.0 update writes the same address in the Router's IP and DNS IP and Apple TV.

This solved my problem after one week of trial. this info must be helpfull to many.

Regards

🙂

My apple tv recently started showing only Internet, Computers and Settings as options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.