Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

waiting for changes to be applied

My iPhone 4s never finishes syncing. It just says "waiting for changes to be applied" and continues to sync. iTunes is updated to 10.5 (141) and a brand new iPhone 4s.

iPhone 4, iOS 5, iPhone 4s

Posted on Oct 14, 2011 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2011 4:40 AM

I sync my IPhone 4 and IPad 2 with new Macbook Air. Syncing IPad is OK, syncing IPhone - the same like threeshoesva (I waited 8 hours, still nothing happened...)

170 replies

Oct 17, 2011 1:02 AM in response to threeshoesva

Same happening here. iPhone 4G, Mac OS X 10.7.2 - All updates applied (including iPhoto). Did a factory restore, then set up from backup - Still fails on the last stage. Really frustrating. Have turned off WiFi sync but cable sync still has the same issue. Lots of people having the issue, and it seems that some of the solutions work for some of them, but clearly the new sync is a little shonky. Fix please, Apple?

Oct 17, 2011 4:12 AM in response to blackadder1999

Probably by your clean restore you just fixed error with voice memos.

I did check what is not copying properly - what can be the reason that iPhone is stuck. It apeared these were voice memos - which never copied to my library.

Delete them from your iPhone. I additionally unchecked sync notes (as I have them synced with iCloud).

Issue solved. No restore, risking your data or wasting your time required.

waiting for changes to be applied

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.