I am trying to activate an original iPhone. I keep running into issues (partially because the rest of the world is activating 4Gs phones). I would appreciate any help that is available.
I am working on a MacBook running OSX 10.5.8. My iTunes has been updated- 10.5.
I am currently getting a message- iTunes cannot sync apps to the iPhone “MRL iphone” because the apps installed on the iPhone could not be determined. The iphone screen shows the usb cord/plug pointing to the itunes logo whether attached to a computer or not. And says slide for emergency use.
- -I have restored to factory settings several times both from a previous backup and set up as new phone.
- -I have even attempted to use another Mac and a family member's windows machine with similar results on all.
- -I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes
- -I have put the phone into the recovery mode and restored from there
- -I have restarted both the computer and phone numerous times
- -I have replace the SIM card with a new card from the provider
- -I have received an email saying the phone was activated (and have called to verify with the service provider)
I'm sure there are other things I have tried as well that I am forgetting, as I have been at this now for about 3days. There have been times when I got nothing but a breif "accessing iTunes store" and then a white screen with the grey word iPhone in the middle. At least now I have the normal summary screen when clicking on the device. Unfortunately I am still getting an error "iTunes cannot sync apps to the iPhone “MRL iphone” because the apps installed on the iPhone could not be determined." I am not attempting to sync apps, just sync the phone to get a current/clean backup. I will want to sync the apps, just haven't been able to get that far.
By the way, prior to starting this process the iphone worked perfectly- no issues. This just seems to have become an issue when I attempted to restore to factory settings for a clean start with the new line.
This is the furthest I have been able to get in the process. I really need to get this up and running soon as I will need the phone for the work week.