Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HOW TO DELETE PHOTOSTREAM PHOTOS?

I WANT TO DELETE MY PHOTOSTREAM PHOTOS FRM MY DEVICES BUT EVERYTIME I TURN ON PHOTOSTREAM THOSE SAME PHOTOS APPEAR....... ANY SUGGESTIONS?

iPad, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 17, 2011 12:26 PM

Despite your shouting and horrible font, the answer is to go to icloud.com, click on your account settings, then advanced and reset Photostream.

52 replies

Oct 22, 2011 6:27 PM in response to gettnitn

use safari to go to icloud.com. scroll to your name in upper left. click there and it will take you to advanced. click advanced and it will take you to reset photostream. clicking reset will remove the pics from icloud. go to iPad iCloud function and turn off photo stream. it will ask you if you want to delete the photo stream photos. I told it to delete them.

worked for me.

Oct 22, 2011 10:28 PM in response to gettnitn

It is not possible to remove them from iCloud, eventhough deleting back up and storage...

It is like Jason on Nightmare... You try to eliminate pictures from Photo stream, but every time you turn on, it is still there... It never dies...

It became an iHell!!!

The solution might be definitely wait for 30 days or transfer over 1000 pics to replace them.

However, nobody has tried to wait for 30 days as iCloud was recently launched....

If anyone has additional tip, please share your ideas... All answers didn't work... I also tried to delete back up, but the pictures have not died... It is in the cloud...

Oct 22, 2011 10:52 PM in response to nijenchung

1. I used safari on my PC

2. I went to iCloud.com and logged in.

3. I clicked my name in upper right corner

4. I clicked advanced.

5. I told iCloud to reset photo stream.

6. logged off iCloud.com

7. went to my iPad settings iCloud and turned off photo stream. it said it would delete all my pictures on photos stream. i said do it.

8. after that I turned on iPad settings photo stream.

9. whent to my pictures. photo stream was gone.

10. you can't use safari that is on the iPad. just the pc. I don't have a Mac but you should be able to do it there using safari.

Oct 23, 2011 5:33 AM in response to nijenchung

nijenchung wrote:

It is not possible to remove them from iCloud, eventhough deleting back up and storage...

It is like Jason on Nightmare... You try to eliminate pictures from Photo stream, but every time you turn on, it is still there... It never dies...

It became an iHell!!!

that's why I say : All or nothing. Resetting the stream in fact does not delete your **** or whatever you want to get rid off from the stream. It is cached at Apple's servers and icloud will always re-call them from there ; plus mix new ones into it. At the very best you can try importing thousands of harmless pictures into iPhoto to speed up the mishmash in the cloud and minimize the unwanted ones.

I like the name of "iHell". You should patent it ;-)

Nov 4, 2011 1:32 PM in response to gettnitn

I'm having a nightmare with photostream. I've done all the upgrades but the photos in photostream don't disappear when I reset them in iCloud. Then when I managed to get rid of them by disabling photostream in iPhoto the iPhone photo app won't let me take anymore photos and keeps telling me that there isn't enough storage even when I've managed to delete the photo stream photos. I'm getting very frustrated with this. Wishing I'd never started to use photo stream in some ways, the storage issue is very annoying. There was never any issues with storage before the upgrade. Guessing that limiting the storage is a way of getting us to spend money on paying for bigger storage space. Sort it out Apple - not impressed!

Nov 4, 2011 2:06 PM in response to cathie-live

I have deleted my photo stream pictures. you have to have safari browser (not the one on the iPad). I have done it on my pc. It should work on an apple too.

start safari

go to iCloud.com and sign using your apple i d

on the next screen go to your name in upper right corner and click it.

the next scree has a lable called advanced. click it.

the next screen says reset photo stream pictures. click it. after a few seconds it should confirm that all (I repeat) All pictures have been deleted. after that return to main page and log out.

before,you do all of this you should delete just like,you did before from the settings page of the iPad.

that should do it..

let me know at

donppusa@earthlink.net

don

HOW TO DELETE PHOTOSTREAM PHOTOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.