Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has any of iOS 5 iPad users experienced slow safari browser, frequent crashes and slow keyboard response when posting something online?

This is happening to my iPad after I upgraded to iOS 5

iPad, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 19, 2011 8:04 AM

88 replies

Oct 21, 2011 4:35 AM in response to meqnine

Just to make sure this doesn't become only an iPad1 discussion, let me say my iPad2 does the exact same thing. It won't hold Safari. By that I mean, Safari appears to open, but then crashes at any activity. It does this every time and has done it from iOS5 day one. Not before. It's really silly for Apple not to respond since it obviously is a widespread problerm on one of the apps at the heart of the iPad.

Oct 21, 2011 8:06 AM in response to angelwyngs

I agree 100%. i'm ready to go back to ios4.5. Let me just say that someone in the forum advised to turn off all icloud settings and this has helped. Ios 5 is still not a big deal for me because Safari crashes and keyboard response can be very slow. Apple had better,and probably come up with a fix. I've had good experiences with Apple over 25 years.

Oct 23, 2011 5:34 AM in response to meqnine

I've not experienced this slowing on any apps. In fact, with my iPad2 and iOS 5, Safari is about 50% faster than under iOS 4.5. I have most iCloud settings OFF with the exception of Photostream and Find my iPad.

iCloud seems to be a prime suspect with a lot of problems surrounding iOS 5. Much of iCloud is turned on by default when it is set up, so users should check those settings ASAP and turn them off to see if performance improves.

Oct 23, 2011 7:51 AM in response to Tgara

Yeah, I tried that but it didn't help. However, for whatever reason, Safari has been behaving for me for the last two days. I hate to even say that because I don't want to jinx it.

And doesn't that theory/fix/workaround really bite then because iCloud is supposed to be one of the new great features of the iOS? What good does having the feature available if you can't use it or if it causes problems?

Has any of iOS 5 iPad users experienced slow safari browser, frequent crashes and slow keyboard response when posting something online?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.