Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Waiting for changes to be applied... (iPhone 3GS,MB Pro 10.6.4)

Problem: iTunes Error Message while syncing: 'Waiting for changes to be applied'

Mac: MacBookPro Intel Core 2 Duo 2,53 GHz (4 GB)

Phone: iPhone 3GS (16GB)

Soft: iOS5, iTunes 5

Countermeasures already done:

iPhone Restore, Permission Repair, ReInstallation iTunes 5.0, ReCreation iTunes Library & iPod Photo Cache

Sync Deactivation: Apps, Ringtones, Music, Movies, Photos, ...

Result: 😢

Any Ideas?

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 4:12 AM

24 replies

Oct 21, 2011 10:38 AM in response to tyler_Aden

Same exact situation here, iPad is good, iPhone 4 never shows the "iPhone sync complete" message. Tried turing off Genius (originally, it was stuck on Genius "waiting for items to copy") and tried disabling WiFi syncing. Rebooted Mac, rebooted iOS devices... no good.

Out of curiosity - does anyone else that's having this problem use the video app called "FilMIC Pro"? This issue started right after I tried to update FilMIC Pro, and now this app won't launch, nor is its iTunes page reachable. Could just be a coincidence.

Oct 23, 2011 10:31 AM in response to Craig C.

I've got the same problem, but have never installed FilMIC. Looks like an iOS 5 issue. I've tried restoring the iPhone to no avail. I was going to try setting it up as a new iPhone, but that option seems to disappear after running the restore using backup. Anyone know how to get that option back?

I plugged my phone into one of my other computers and am getting the message that there are apps on my phone that have not been transferred to the computer and that if I restore I will have to re-purchase them. Too bad my phone won't sync with the computer (as it's hung up "Waiting for changes to be applied". Ouch.

Oct 30, 2011 7:27 PM in response to tyler_Aden

hey i just found this from a similar post. i cant take credit for finding it, but it worked for me.

1. Quit iTunes.

2. Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right Click "Command Prompt" -> "Run as Administrator"

3. In the command prompt type "netsh winsock reset" and hit ENTER.

4. Reboot your machine.

5. Restart iTunes

i know this only works on windows but it may help those that have this issue on a PC.

Waiting for changes to be applied... (iPhone 3GS,MB Pro 10.6.4)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.