Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud "User name or password is incorrect."

iCloud has been working fine. In fact, I backed up on it a couple of days ago on both my iPhone 4S and my iPad2. Now, on both devices, when I tap on iCloud in Settings, I get "User name or password is incorrect." I know they are correct, because I used them to log in here and to update Apps today. It seems that Apple is having problems and is a bit overloaded right now, but I was wondering if the community has found solutions. Anyone?

iPad, iOS 4, iOS 5 but the option is not showing

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2011 7:19 AM

Try resetting your Apple ID password.

Apple - My Apple ID

20 replies

Oct 21, 2011 7:22 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Did that work for you? I ask because I had to change it a few days back (everything was fine when I did) because it would not let me log in to anything, and I am a bit hesitant to change it over and over if Apple is also having problems with that. It makes it hard to remember the password if you have to change it every other day due to technical difficulties with Apple.

Oct 21, 2011 7:54 AM in response to ScottGWNJ

Ok I had this same problem and I fixed mine so I think I figured it out. What I did is I went into Settings---->iCloud and then deleted my account. Once I did that I went back into settings and created a new account by logging in with my old AppleID (Which was the one I wanted in the first place which is the one I use for store etc...) and then I backed everything up and now everything is in sync and works fine with the RIGHT Apple ID that I wanted and I get no incorrect user name or password incorrect message anymore.... Hope this helps...

Jan 16, 2012 3:17 AM in response to ScottGWNJ

I had the same problem but deleting the iCloud account on the iPhone did not solve the problem.

The solution was to try to log in here to the Apple Support Communities and finding out that the password for my Apple ID had expired (even though it worked in iTunes Store, App Store on the iPhone and Mac App Store).

I created a new password and after that it worked!

Mar 12, 2012 7:52 PM in response to RyanCerni

Ryan, when you deleted your iCloud account, did it delete all your photos on your device too? I have a new Apple ID and password and was having a terrible time with my IPhone and IPad not picking it up. I finally got the new Apple ID in my IPhone and IPad and thought I had everything fixed. Tonight I went into iCloud and it still has my old Apple ID and password and when I clicked on Edit to change the info it would not let me change the Apple ID, only the password. I was just going to delete the iCloud account and redo it with my new Apple ID and password; however, when I clicked on Delete Account it brought up a warning box that said that deleting the account would cause iCloud to delete my photos on my device so I cancelled it. You said you deleted your iCloud account and started a new one. Did it delete all your photos off your device? I am afraid to do it now because I just got finished restoring all my information on my IPad because Apple support had me restore it to factory settings and I had to redo everything on my IPad including my photos because I did not have the photos in a folder on my PC for backup and I still do not have them in a folder so I sure do not want to redo all those photos once again. Do you see any way around this?

iCloud "User name or password is incorrect."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.