Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Click on email not heard (sometimes) after 10.7.2 update

I've noticed that since I did the recent Lion update to 10.7.2 that when I'm in Mail (the new interface, not classic) that SOMETIMES when I click on a email in my message list that it does not pop into the view pane. Sometimes it is heard, other times I have to click a second time. It is a random thing. I've tried all different combinations of the Mail window being active and inactive as well as other possibilities and it stays random.

Of course if I double-click too fast it opens the mail in its own window (which I don't want... I do most of my mail reading in the view pane.)

I don't seem to be having problems with clicking in any other application (Firefox, etc.) and the Magic Mouse has new batteries.

I've rebuilt mailboxes and done repair permissions and have done a shutdown.

Has anyone seen a similar occurrence of clicks on mail not being heard in Mail since this update?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 25, 2011 1:19 PM

3 replies

Aug 28, 2012 6:24 AM in response to jaffle

Seems to be something to do with corrupted preference files.

After reading another post, I went to my preferences folder and found LOTS of rubbish in there related to the dark history of my machine (Snow Leopard upgraded to Lion upgraded to Mountain Lion).

I deleted all the rubbish, and mail related preferences and it seems to have fixed the problem - fingers crossed!

Click on email not heard (sometimes) after 10.7.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.