Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal Version 5.0.1 (1547.4) New Event titles revert to "New Event"

Since upgrading to Lion, my iCal has been erratic. Two main issues:

1. New events - once I create a new event and name it, usually within a few seconds, the title of the event changes to New Event.

2. iCal is unstable: Usually manifested in two ways -

a. freezes or goes to sleep for a random period of time and then works

b. crashes and delivers an error about ending abnormally asing if to restart or ignore, or some such language.

Any clues?

iCal-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 3, 2011 1:14 PM

I am having the same issue, and it is driving me BONKERS!!!!!

Someone please help us!

75 replies

Nov 28, 2011 3:34 PM in response to ferdu

Same Issue (On OS X Lion, appeared after moving from MobileMe to iCloud).

I noticed that my console's syetm log keeps on signaling this error :

2011/11/28 6:24:15.354 PM iCal: -[CalManagedExchangePrincipal setPrimitiveOverrideBaseURL:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7fef035d6c00

I'm hoping this can help someone find a work around or reason for the title resets.

Right now I am going crazy with this bug. It really hinders my ability to manage my time. I woul dhate to have to switch to some 3rd party calendar that's not as well integrated with therest of my Mac.

Dec 1, 2011 4:09 AM in response to ferdu

Apple Support helped reset the system files related to this issue, to verify that no duplicates or errors existed. Support advised that if the problem persisted, then it was likely an issue of iCal interacting with the exchange server. My problem persisted. I connected with my exchange administrator and after a bit of analysis and research by admin, they changed an exchange server setting. Problem appears to have been resolved. Do not know the setting change made by exchange admin.

Dec 7, 2011 8:25 PM in response to ferdu

Same problem (events reverting to "New Event") as everyone here. The following workaround seems to help:

- select the time of the event in the calendar (it still shows it as New Event)

- press Command-R (this forces iCal sync to the server - which is the operation where the event name is lost)

- then type the name of the event and other details

- (if you are paranoid, do Command-R again)

R.

Dec 9, 2011 12:54 PM in response to ferdu

Wow. I thought I was losing my mind. I've had so many appointments showing up as "New Event", tt's a miracle that I haven't lost my job yet. I'm glad to know that it's not my fault, but that doesn't help much when I rely on my calendar so much.

Thanks for the workaround ferdu.

Does anyone know if Apple is addressing this? Does anyone know if there is some way (e.g., removing iCloud calendars and syncing) to make this stop?

iCal Version 5.0.1 (1547.4) New Event titles revert to "New Event"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.