Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I made a movie in FCPX and added chapter markers. I need to get the movie to idvd with markers intact.

I'm trying to create a DVD using idvd from the edited version in FCPX. I created chapter markers and need those to transfer to idvd like it used to from iMovie. I did buy compressor because I thought that would help but I still can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

imsc G5, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Nov 4, 2011 2:17 PM

17 replies

Nov 4, 2011 2:50 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

That was so fast! Thanks so much! Well, I thought I was creating chapter markers. I clicked m for marker than gave it a name. I guess that won't do it, huh? Well, I do need to create them and would like to use the iDVD themes but so need the chapters. I did buy compressor if I need to do it there. I have read how and tried it, but once there, how do I get that compressed video to iDVD?

Nov 4, 2011 3:57 PM in response to arudemom

are you referring to my question about "sending it to compressor"

Yes.

When the file is exported you drag it into the iDVD interface. Have you used that application before?

And if I have already sent something to compressor, is there a way to retrieve it days later?

I don't know what this means. When you're done you have an exported file, in whatever format you selected, wherever you designated to save it.

Nov 5, 2011 9:36 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Is there a setting I must set to keep it wide screen? I've tried "best performance" and it says it's to much content and must be changed in "Project Info" so I've done that - switched it to "Professional Quality" and it's still in 4:3. I tried to burn it anyway, thinking it might burn it correctly- it's still working on it. I have a feeling though, that I just wasted a disc.

Nov 5, 2011 10:50 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Name: Apple ProRes 422

Description: QuickTime movie with Apple ProRes 422 and audio pass-through

File Extension: mov

Estimated size: 84.16 GB

Audio Encoder

32-bit Float (Little Endian), 6 Channels, 48.000 kHz

Video Encoder

Width: (100% of source)

Height: (100% of source)

Selected: 1440 x 1080

Pixel aspect ratio: HD (1440x1080)

Crop: None

Padding: None

Frame rate: (100% of source)

Selected: 29.97

Frame Controls: Automatically selected: Off

Codec Type: Apple ProRes 422

Multi-pass: Off, frame reorder: Off

Automatic gamma correction

Interlaced (top field first)

Pixel depth: 24

Spatial quality: 50

Min. Spatial quality: 0

Temporal quality: 0

Min. temporal quality: 0

I made a movie in FCPX and added chapter markers. I need to get the movie to idvd with markers intact.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.