Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this the start of a pending doom?

Wow... This is not looking pretty. I'm fuming of the irritation, the loss of productivity, the constant troubleshooting of my devices since iCloud was unveiled and so far no relief and no sign of things getting better!!!!! Can someone explain to me what is iCloud? So, WHY DOES IT NOT WORK????

< Edited By Host >

User uploaded file User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 10, 2011 8:57 PM

33 replies

Nov 10, 2011 9:13 PM in response to EliNOVA

Having the exact same problem!! started since I uploaded to 5.0.1. despite my password being correct, it keeps saying its wrong!!!

I think it's a server problem and should be fixed in no time.

in the mean time, try removing your account and setting it up again. I hope it works! didn't for me! I'll just have to wait. also call apple support, I can't because I can't get my mail!!! this is ridiculous!!!!

Nov 11, 2011 4:31 AM in response to EliNOVA

The latest one... now all my Notes in Mail HAS dissappeared!!! Go figure, I keep restoring them from my TimeMachine backup only to have wonderful and the "JUST WORKS" matra to have them delete from all my devices!!!! I'm seriously considering in ditching all my Mac gear and going back to Windows. This is beyond ridiculous to say the least! I'm not a happy camper with Apple. This was supposed to happen to Windows people not to Apple people and it just keeps happening day in and day out... hope Apple will help us all but so far... as usual... not a single word... 😢

Nov 11, 2011 12:55 PM in response to EliNOVA

Interesting... no mentioned anywhere on the IT News outlett of this issue with Mail from last night though! Mail seems to be working now. I have several colleagues that uses Macs and they were all asking me about it this morning as to what happened. So, at least I know the issue was experienced by others and yet... no wods of this glitch...

Nov 11, 2011 1:24 PM in response to EliNOVA

I am getting the weird p99 rejected password error in mail at the moment, which i got when the service was first launched so i went over to icloud in safari and went to log in as normal and its giving me this.

User uploaded file

iCloud is doing ok so far i just wished they would give the correct error messages, for example in mail its saying the password is incorrect so it sends the user in the wrong direction to the point where they can do serious damage to there data thinking they are doing something wrong, mail should just display a message from iCloud saying sorry were having a server problem at the moment please give us x amount of time its not your fault or something, Yeah the customer will still be angry but you make it worse when your error messages say the customer is in the wrong.

Actually just now my whole iCloud system preferences menu has gone offline saying incorrect password and now ical is report a problem with the connection as well. 😟

Nov 11, 2011 1:27 PM in response to jim123321

I got that one too... the way I got it fixed on my machines was to remove my iCloud account and add it back. So far this afternoon (I'm in the East Coast of the US) haven't had any issues with my Mail though. The problems I experienced were from last night. I'm not aware if this issue has been happening today though. Give it a try and see if that helps you...

Is this the start of a pending doom?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.