Skip navigation

Is this the start of a pending doom?

2088 Views 33 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2011 11:11 AM by richsadams RSS
1 2 3 Previous Next
EliNOVA Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Nov 10, 2011 10:03 PM

Wow... This is not looking pretty. I'm fuming of the irritation, the loss of productivity, the constant troubleshooting of my devices since iCloud was unveiled and so far no relief and no sign of things getting better!!!!! Can someone explain to me what is iCloud? So, WHY DOES IT NOT WORK????

< Edited By Host >

Screen Shot 2011-11-10 at 11.39.45 PM.jpg  Screen Shot 2011-11-10 at 11.40.17 PM.jpg

Mail.jpg

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)
  • applenerd@me.com Calculating status...
    Nov 10, 2011 9:13 PM (in response to EliNOVA)

Having the exact same problem!! started since I uploaded to 5.0.1. despite my password being correct, it keeps saying its wrong!!!

I think it's a server problem and should be fixed in no time.

in the mean time, try removing your account and setting it up again. I hope it works! didn't for me! I'll just have to wait. also call apple support, I can't because I can't get my mail!!! this is ridiculous!!!!

• budDrums Calculating status...
    Nov 10, 2011 9:37 PM (in response to applenerd@me.com)

me to

is "p99-imap.mail.me.com" correct ? its greyed out in mail prefs.

• Susan Santos Calculating status...
    Nov 10, 2011 9:39 PM (in response to EliNOVA)

It's asinine that we're going through this AGAIN. I'm having the same issues. *** Apple? Seriously? We can't even depend on email anymore? NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS.

• SeanLegnini Calculating status...
    Nov 10, 2011 9:40 PM (in response to EliNOVA)

Funny on a day that my friend was trying to convince me to go back full time to google / windows I'm having these same problems right now.

• braccio Calculating status...
    Nov 10, 2011 9:52 PM (in response to EliNOVA)

My wife's account cratered. I removed it and readded it. Everything is back except for email.

When I click to add Mail in the iCloud System Preferences one core spikes up to 100% utlization, stays there for several minutes, and then does not enable Mail.

Like the OP, it's busted using the web interface as well.

• Susan Santos Level 1 Level 1 (25 points)
    Nov 10, 2011 9:55 PM (in response to Susan Santos)

Can't get my email but Apple is able to find and *** a Wh Th Fu reference INSTANTANEOUSLY. Good to know you're on top of something, Apple. Now how about restoring my email??!?!?!??! I'm doing a slow burn over this.

• mapotofu.cn Calculating status...
    Nov 10, 2011 10:05 PM (in response to EliNOVA)

it seems like the iCloud mail server is down Again....this is killing me.....

• douglasfromdenver Calculating status...
    Nov 10, 2011 10:18 PM (in response to EliNOVA)

Yup email down again for hours now...  Are we paying for this?  Can't remember but even gmail and hotmail can find a way to handle email... What seems to be the problem with our friends at apple?

• jim123321 Calculating status...
    Nov 11, 2011 1:24 PM (in response to EliNOVA)

I am getting the weird p99 rejected password error in mail at the moment, which i got when the service was first launched so i went over to icloud in safari and went to log in as normal and its giving me this.

iCloud server error.jpg

iCloud is doing ok so far i just wished they would give the correct error messages, for example in mail its saying the password is incorrect so it sends the user in the wrong direction to the point where they can do serious damage to there data thinking they are doing something wrong, mail should just display a message from iCloud saying sorry were having a server problem at the moment please give us x amount of time its not your fault or something, Yeah the customer will still be angry but you make it worse when your error messages say the customer is in the wrong.

Actually just now my whole iCloud system preferences menu has gone offline saying incorrect password and now ical is report a problem with the connection as well.

• pastmaps Calculating status...
    Nov 11, 2011 1:39 PM (in response to jim123321)

Same problems here... no email... iCal can't connect... Yet, the system status reports that all is well.

1 2 3 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.