Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse tracking slowly

I just installed a Magic Mouse. It's working in every way it should, except that the tracking is quite slow, even though I have it set at the maximum speed. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do?

Power Mac G5, Mac OS X (10.3.9)

Posted on Nov 12, 2011 7:46 AM

12 replies

Apr 29, 2012 8:41 PM in response to zamp

I have the same problem, and actually have had that several years with older bluebooth mouse as well on different MacBooks. Mouse becomes very slow and sluggish. External "speedup" utilities etc. do not help... It is incredible that Apple sells crap like this !!!! Perhaps we shoud sue them ?

Apr 30, 2012 8:07 PM in response to X423424X

The probelm is in the mouse. However, I feel that this is rather common probelm with Apple's mice, since others have the simiar issues (I had also the same issue with the non-magic bluetooth mouse as well). In my mind it shoud work without any external "speeding apps" ... No probs with that Logictech mouse which has tracking speed set to half.

Apr 30, 2012 8:27 PM in response to JMUF

The MM has high DPI tracking (I guess like a gaming mouse) unless like yours, theres a problem with it. I also have a Logitech wired mouse I keep connected as a backup. If the tracking is set to use the MM with it's high DPI then the Logitech with its relatively low DPI is like pushing through mud. Conversely if I set an acceptable tracking speed for the Logitech the MM becomes totally uncontrollable with an enormously high tracking speed.

So all I can say is if you MM has a problem, and it is under warrantee, I see no reason to get apple to exchange it.

Magic Mouse tracking slowly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.