Previous 1 2 Next 16 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2014 10:41 AM by PeterBreis0807
MacBooks4ever Level 1 Level 1

Hello

I am here to ask a question today: Am I able to insert my signature in a Pages 09 doc, and if yes, then how? I know someone told me once, but I forgot. I need a solution quick, though, because it is for a project due tommorrow.(I think it is done using the macbook's camera)

Thank you,

Victor

Message was edited by: MacBooks4ever

iWork Pages 09
Solved by RenéM on Aug 24, 2012 10:22 AM Solved

Please help - I follow the instructions but the signature never appears.  I have tried placing the signature on a line, as well as on whitespace within the pdf file I am trying to sign.  I've clicked; double-clicked; used the control-click; selected an area and then tried to apply signature to that selection -  No matter what I try, the signature never appears.

Here is annotations bar and signature - so I know the signature is there, I just can't figure out how to make the signature appear in the pdf form I'm trying to sign.  Please help.

Screen Shot 2012-08-24 at 12.17.50 PM.png

• worksafe Level 2 Level 2

I've never done it but I believe you can use Preview but it's only for .pdf documents. Look in the Preferences of the app.

• Peggy Level 8 Level 8
    expertise.applications
    Applications

I've done it many times using a scanned image of my signature. I save the signature as a transparent .png file & then drag & drop that file onto my Pages document. I use the transparency because my name has several letters that go below the baseline & the transparency makes any line show through.

Peggy_sig.png

• PeterBreis0807 Level 7 Level 7
    expertise.iwork
    iWork

This is now possible in Preview .app in Lion (OSX 10.7).

Export or Print your Pages document to a .pdf file and open that in Preview .app

To set the signature:

Menu > Preferences > Signature > Create Signature > Hold up your signature on a piece of white paper to the Mac's camera > as straight as possible on the blue line in the Signature Preview pane > Accept

Applying the Digital Signature in OS X Lion Preview

Open the PDF > Toolbar > Annotations (pencil icon) > Signatures button (blue S) > click in the document where you want the signature to appear

Peter

• Darkhonour Level 1 Level 1

Unfortunately, this is not a true Digital Signature.  A digital signature involves a cryptographic certificate (through a Smart Card or other Soft Certificate) and provides non-repudiation that the person signing the document actually signed the document.  A photo/scan/image of a written signature isn't a true digital signature. 

Is a true digital signature possible in Pages?

Alex

expertise.iwork
    iWork

The OP did not ask for a true digital signature, we respond to what people ask.

Pages only has provision for passwording a document.

If you want to add a cryptographic digital signature you will need to attach that to a pdf created in Pages then encrypted using Adobe Acrobat Pro.

Peter

• RenéM Level 1 Level 1

Please help - I follow the instructions but the signature never appears.  I have tried placing the signature on a line, as well as on whitespace within the pdf file I am trying to sign.  I've clicked; double-clicked; used the control-click; selected an area and then tried to apply signature to that selection -  No matter what I try, the signature never appears.

Here is annotations bar and signature - so I know the signature is there, I just can't figure out how to make the signature appear in the pdf form I'm trying to sign.  Please help.

Screen Shot 2012-08-24 at 12.17.50 PM.png

• jstbu Level 1 Level 1
    expertise.appletv
    Apple TV

I seem to have the same problem.  I have the signature saved in Preview, but when I convert the Pages doc to PDF and open it in preview, its locked.  I can't click anywhere in the doc to add the signature. 

• jstbu Level 1 Level 1
    expertise.appletv
    Apple TV

Okay, I got it in Preview.  But, is there a way to do this in Pages?  I'd like to be able to add my signature and still be able to edit the doc later.

• Peggy Level 8 Level 8
    expertise.applications
    Applications

Did you try what I suggested earlier in this thread? Take that signature you wrote on paper to take a picture of for Preview & scan it with a scanner. Then save it as a transparent .png file & insert that into your Pages documents. I use GraphicConverter to crop the image & make the background transparent.

Peggy_sig.png

• jstbu Level 1 Level 1
    expertise.appletv
    Apple TV

What is GraphicConverter?  How do I save as a transparent .png?  I saved it as a .png, but it just put a huge box in the middle of my pages doc, I couldn't figure out how to get it where I wanted it. 

• Peggy Level 8 Level 8
    expertise.applications
    Applications

GraphicConverter is a very well-known & highly-thought-of shareware graphics program by Thorsten Lemke.

Use the selection tool (upper right of the toolbox to select just the area of your signature & then type ⌘ Y to trim the excess & save the file. Then use the transparency wand & click in the background to make it transparent.

Screen Shot 2013-03-15 at 4.40.44 pm.png

To move the image around in your Pages document, you need to make it floating.

Peggy_sig.png

expertise.iwork
    iWork

Just grab the corner of the signature image and drag it down to shrink it, then click away and click on the edge of the graphic and cut and paste it into a position in your text where you want it.

It is just a graphic.

Peter

• Yung Vibe Level 1 Level 1

The simplist way to add a signature to your Pages document is Share your document and Export as a PDF. From there, you can open that document in Preview, use your Signature pop-up menu in the Edit tool bar.  Of course, once it's in PDF you'll won't be able to edit the document.

• Yung Vibe Level 1 Level 1

Now... I'll let you in on a little secret... If you REALLY want to add your signature into your Pages document, there is a way that you can do this without having to PDF your documents or use another other 3rd party app.  It's called ⌘Command+C and ⌘Command+V.

Bacially, after you go through the process of saving your Signature using Preview, all you do is highlight the signature that you've made or would like to use, use ⌘Command+C to COPY this signature and then  ⌘Command+V to PASTE into your Pages document.  It would then create an "image" of your signature, which you can then move and size wherever you please in your document.Screen Shot 2013-09-26 at 9.55.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-09-26 at 10.00.47 PM.png

Previous 1 2 Next