Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Join two clips to make one new clip in timeline

Can I join two clips or a clip and a slug in the timeline and create a new clip without exporting and importing?

MacBook Pro 2.4 GHZ, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Nov 14, 2011 5:44 AM

19 replies

Nov 14, 2011 6:51 AM in response to Harri P

I took a look at your other thread on this and, if I understand correctly, it appears you want to insert slugs in between songs in a multi cam music video with 3 cameras.

I don't know any way to do what you're trying to do other than export the sequence and then re-import as a clip to make your multi clip. If you want to speed that process up somewhat, export the sequences as reference movies.

Perhaps Nick or David will have a better idea.

Russ

Nov 14, 2011 11:28 AM in response to David Mclaine

David,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, sorry for the double post, but I am a bit frustrated with some the "attitude" I'm facing here. I thought maybe my question was too complicated and simplifying it might help. It seems to have aggravated the powers that be.

While I am not a pro FCP user, I have been involved with film/video production since 1974. I did my first video production on a reel to reel porta-pak! The one thing I am not is stupid and I don't appreciate anything that implies that.

I realize my project is a little out of the ordinary but I inherited it "as is". That's why I need the help. (Straight forward shooting and editing is not a problem for me).

Yes, I have taken a deep breath and counted to ten. I will await any responses.........patiently.

Harri

Join two clips to make one new clip in timeline

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.