Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apple Discontinue Dashcode?

I have been fooling around with Dashcode off and on for a little while. I find it difficult to learn due to the lack of good support by Apple. It is, however, an addicting program for creating mobile web apps. I've purchased the only book that I could find on Dashcode. It helped a little, but it was not the greatest instruction book ever created. Googling "Dashcode" presents spotty or non-existant results. Most of the support comes from others like myself who find the program very intuitive, but are frustrated with the lack of documentation and support.

As I dig deeper, it just seems that Apple isn't acknowledging the Dashcode user community much--if at all. There have been no updates to the program for several years. Rather than beating my head against a crumbling wall, I thought I'd post here before deciding to give up on DC and move on. I'm curious if anyone can give me an idea of whether Apple is letting Dashcode die a slow death or if it will be reserected sooner than later?

Thanks for your opinons and/or knowledge. 😕

-Rachel

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), iphone, ipad,ipod

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 2:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 2:20 PM

Only Apple knows the future of Dashcode or any of it's products.

Nobody here can (or should) answer that kind of question as that is speculation and that's a no-no.

5 replies

Will Apple Discontinue Dashcode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.