Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5 Birthday Calendars on iPhone

Hi,

I have been trying to figure this out for a while, but the birthday calendars on my phone just keep duplicating. I am not up to five. I know I can just untick them, but there should only be one and I would like to know why they just keep adding on. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Jon-Paul

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 17, 2011 6:12 PM

24 replies

Apr 30, 2012 3:59 AM in response to credo84

I had this problem too -- I ended up with ten ghost birthday calendars. I finally found a fix ... but it is a pain. Restore the phone to origianl settings but DO NOT restore a backup. Instead add everything as if it were a new phone. This gets around the corruption in the calendar application that causes this. Obviously make sure your contacts are backed up and that you make a note of all the settings you have personalised. This wasted half my afternoopn, but at least my problem is finally solved

Apr 30, 2012 8:37 AM in response to David Schlesinger2

Even if you wipe and re-setup phone without out a restore they will come back unless you have removed all those dates from within your contacts. There is a bug and having any birthday dates in your contacts will force the issue again.

I removed the birthday dates from my contacts and I have not seen any additional calendars created since that time. I don't want to wipe my phone because games and other programs that don't use icloud yet and would cause me to lose some information and this really is a bug Apple needs to fix.

May 6, 2012 6:44 PM in response to credo84

I am now on my 2nd Apple Tech Support phone call - with this same issue - Other - Birthdays calendars only appear twice - I don't have ANY entries for birthdays in my Contacts at all; am only using iCloud to sync calendars (which is working fine) - The first tech was worthless, told me I should just edit the Calendar and delete it - totally not understanding that it isn't editable.

So, I waited a few days and am now on hold for "2nd level support" - Will let you know if they come up with a solution that is easier than a total RESTORE as suggested later in this thread, as I also would have to spend 1/2 day rearranging hundreds of the apps I have.

May 7, 2012 4:25 AM in response to dnunz

When I did my last os upgrade a month ago or so, my whole phone crashed and had to be setup from scratch. After that I subscribed to iCloud and I backup my notes, bookmarks and photos as I did not want to lose them with another crash. After that I started having the multiple calendar problem. I do not backup calendar or contacts as I use activesync and they are not lost during a phone crash. Could the problem be related to iCloud? I did not have the problem until I turned it on even though I only use iCloud for notes, bookmarks and photos?

5 Birthday Calendars on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.