Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes match NOW AVAILABLE in Australia!

I'm in Australia, logged in to an Aussie Apple ID account, and iTunes match is now avaialble on the left hand menu window, just below iTunes store

I have tried to purchase it, but it keeps failing after I confirm my Apple ID password & click confirm on purchasing the subscription. Then an error message pops up saying that the iTunes store is currently unavailable

I'm guessing this is probably just the store being swamped right now & not handling demand?

All in all though. It looks like iTunes Match is now available to Australia users!?

Any other Australian based users out there, please share your experiences.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 2011 - 13" i7.

Posted on Nov 18, 2011 5:04 PM

30 replies

Nov 20, 2011 3:26 PM in response to Lukey Boots

Sydney CBD, NSW

I didn't have iTunes Match, so I switched to a US store account, which wouldn't let me make the purchase as I didn't have a US funding source.

I then quit and when I re-opened iTunes this morning, I wasn't logged in at all, and iTunes Match was visible.

It has remained visible, even after logging into my Australian iTunes account, though I can't subscribe 😟

Nov 21, 2011 3:32 AM in response to Lukey Boots

iTunes match is not available in Australia yet. At the moment, it only available in US, for US customers only.

Who's know when it release in AUS, just like iTunes music store launched 2 years in AUS after US.

Apple main priority market is US. Too bad for AUS, until they sort out music licensees agreement and regulation, we just have to wait.

Nov 21, 2011 9:16 AM in response to Ryan115

Ryan115 wrote:

Perth Metro, Western Australia

No, I didn't have any iTunes Match on my iTunes account.

You could have downloaded iTunes from overseas, and when you came to Australia, you logged in with your Aussie account.

There is only one version of iTunes.

US is the same version as Australia is the same version as China.
Apple can enable/disable feature for specific iTunes stores in each country.

Nov 28, 2011 2:25 AM in response to Lukey Boots

I switched the store to USA and the iTunes Match menu item appeared. I then switched back to Aus and it did not disappaer. Now when I click on it and select "Subscribe to itunes match" it simply gives me an error message saying "the itunes store is temporarily unnavailable. please try again later. I seem to be able to access the store and other features with no problems.

Dec 14, 2011 7:23 PM in response to Lukey Boots

iTunes Match subscriptions are available through the iTunes Store / Account Settings...

They took my money, but so far I'm not seeing the service working. The menu item appears on the left but ultimately it errors and asks you to sign out and back in again. Doing so does nothing.

Defaults to the Genius page "Genius has been successfully turned on" and not Match.

They are taking money though. If it's not on within the next 48 hours, I'll be asking for a refund.

iTunes match NOW AVAILABLE in Australia!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.