Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i access my photostream on icloud on the web

I want to be able to access my photostream photos in the cloud while at a public computer (or a friend's computer).

How do I access the cloud photos without having to view them on one of my devices?

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 3:29 PM

21 replies

Jan 31, 2013 4:33 PM in response to Zookeepercalif

So let me get this straight.... I have all my photos on Photo Stream but I deleted from my iPad and now I can't just go online and pull them to my desktop? Dumb. Even more ridiculous... Apparently you can view your photo stream on your ipad but you can't copy a photo from it BACK into your "Photos" - only copy and then EMAIL it to yourself and THEN SAVE IT. Ugh.

Mar 11, 2013 4:58 AM in response to Zookeepercalif

It's interesting how Apple has no clue how to act on the cloud business.

They tried with mobile.me and failed big time.. iCloud is going down the same way.

While iCloud has some interesting aspects, such as seamless app configuration/content backup, I believe people expect a lot more from Apple. For instance, when I accessed icloud.com just now I expect to see my photostream there. That's just obvious and any cloud service does it already.

Apple is failing at the basics once more.

The 'just works' slogan really does not fit their cloud based services when it comes to media.

IMO Apple should just buy dropbox and some other smaller startups to aquire new blood. They desperately need it after Steve Jobs left. Not that Cook or Ive are bad or anything, but if Apple does not find someone who is willing to fight for the right implementation of things it will just turn into another big company like Microsoft and Sony did.

The world is fastly becoming smaller and people have more freedom than ever before. I hope Apple sees that, otherwise we will be forced to use terrible UIs just to have services to work the way they should. User experience is not based only on user interface and smaller companies such as dropbox (or even Google) know this by heart.

Apr 12, 2013 5:01 AM in response to A. Timleck

Sorry but couldn't let this go un answered.

Your photos from photostream are automatically downloaded to iphoto or to Aperture which ever you are using, if you switch on photostream. And remain there even if deleted on one of your devices.

Also you can easily copy photos from your photostream back into photos. Open photostream on iPad, click edit, select photo, click share then click 'save to camera roll'. Simples!

Yes I agree it is a bit annoying not to be able to view photostream on the web, but both things you mentioned can be done easily.

Aug 5, 2013 8:45 PM in response to domrob

Domrob, I think you've missed the point. Yes, it's possible to set up iPhoto or Aperture to sync data off your photostream, but this is a cloud service. It is assumed by nearly everyone who uses it (as these posts clearly show) that like nearly every other cloud service out there, the data that is synced via the cloud will be available via the web.

I can't use iPhoto to get to my photostream when I'm over at a friend's house, or my mom's, etc. to show them my photos. I can't get there when I'm travelling and want to check something I took last month while I'm at an internet cafe. I may not like iPhoto. Regardless of the reason, it's pretty shoddy of Apple to have overlooked this, or as seems more likely, deliberately left the feature out.

This is one of the reasons I am an avid Dropbox user, and will continue to prefer Picasa and Flikr over iPhoto + photostream.

Aug 6, 2013 6:51 AM in response to MatthewM1970

You're making assumptions. If you were to read Apple's document on photo stream, you'd understand that photo stream is a service for copying photos from one device to another. That's it. Supporting a photo gallery service, like Apple had in MobileMe, is something that Apple has decided not to do as there are plenty of other photo services on the web that do. Your use of Picasa and Flikr is the correct thing to do.

Aug 16, 2013 9:29 AM in response to Zookeepercalif

It may not be a perfect solution, but I use shared photostreams to show stuff on the web. Unlike your main photostream, a shared stream can have its own web page built automatically -- just switch it on in the options for that stream and share the link. You could, I guess, make a stream of all your photos and share it with yourself. Though even then you'd have to remember to add new photos to the shared stream, which is a bit of a bore...

Aug 25, 2013 11:37 AM in response to Zookeepercalif

I felt very frustrated when I realized this. I am a photographer, and iPhone has been almost everything to me on street photography. And I couldn't afford to lose any pictures, and although DropBox is one type of solution, uploading them is a pain. Plus, I can't recall if i was able to uplaod video footage. Second, this photo stream gets filled so fast, and so does iPhone which stop me from taking pictures, videos etc due to storage limitatino.

Fortunately, I found an awesome solution and that work seamlessly. And it's just unbelievable, that's not known to many people which is a perfect solution.

Okay, let me cut the talking, 🙂. Read it till the end.... You will thank me...

It's called Synology DiskStation which is a cloud based solution, and expandable to all your future needs. It has different varieties, storage sizes etc. It has all the apps for all types of application. It can be configured on your apple/android devices. And the best part is, as long as you have internet on your iphone the interface that provides is better than iTunes, DropBox, FTP clients, and anything you can compare in the commercial world.

It has it's own operating system, customize your own url, create users/manage them, etc etc. I can't really explain the whole feature and how you can use it.

If you go to youtube and/or search in google synology nas features etc, you will find tons of excellent videos on how people uses it.

There are many synology workstation exist. But the one that I use which is pretty much more than enough for pros/home user personal use is Synology DS212j

You don't have to buy the one that comes with 4TB Synology. Chose Diskless and save 100's of dollars. Then buy a Wester Digital Red 3TB NAS

It's plain and simple. Unscrew Synology DS212j and just plug this hard drive in. Rest all you can find out through youtube on how to configure to meet your needs.

The other breeze part is, you can even download torre... from your iPhone itself. And when downloading literally ANYTHING, you don't have to keep your computer ON. This Synology works all by itself as a stand alone computer.

Trust me, you will thank me with all the features this provides.

Below are couple of images of my synology... when i upload files on the go and access them from anywhere in the world using any other devices through an URL...

User uploaded file

You see the below image, where i can access them over the cloud URL? or map to a finder or whatever. These are big files. I literally have to wait to unload them until i have a computer nearby. But with this solution, it's on the go upload. Isn't it awesome???

User uploaded file

Here is where you thank me 😉... just kidding. hope this helps

tags: iphoto upload, cloud photostream, how to access apple photostream through web, iphone photo video upload to cloud solution, synology diskstation features,

how do i access my photostream on icloud on the web

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.