Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Network scanning with Canon MF8030Cn

Hi,

I have recently bought my MacBook Pro 13" (2011). I have successfully installed it as a network printer but I haven't been able to install it as a network scanner. I have already downloaded the MFToolbox, which should contain a MFScanGear utility. When I start it, it just prompts that no network scanner has been found. I do know how to use it. The printer was on and waiting for a scan request, as I used to do it when I used my PC. Does anyone know how to deal with this problem?

Thank You very much for any answers, you write.

Jan Bayram

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Nov 26, 2011 3:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2011 4:57 AM

I would contact Canon support as well (while you wait for an answer here).

7 replies

Nov 26, 2011 2:46 PM in response to Jan Bayeam

Have you tried push scanning from the MF8030?

This will require you to set one of the presets, such as PDF or Save, as the default via the MF Toolbox preferences. And for this selected preset you can then set the scanning conditions. With these settings made, on the MF you need to select Computer rather than Remote Scanner.

Nov 27, 2011 11:43 AM in response to Jan Bayeam

From my testing the Toolbox does open even when the scanner cannot be located on the network. To rule out that there is a problem with the application I would connect the Mac to the MF8030 via USB. If the application is okay then I would expect that you can open MF Toolbox and get it scanning with this direct connection. And if it does work, then you could disconnect the USB and then see if you can get the network connection working.

Dec 7, 2011 5:45 PM in response to PAHU

I want to put in my 2 cents that this seems to be an issue with MF Toolbox.

Can anyone even get it to open and remain stable?

Every time I try to use it it freezes & I have to force crash. I feel like this might be a software issue. The scan bed definitely does work because I can get my MF4570 to copy just fine.

Dec 12, 2011 1:35 PM in response to ahbrobot

Hi PAHU & sig,

Your diligent presence on these support boards is much appreciated. But both of you seem to be missing the fundamental issue with this scanner which is that Canon's software MF Toolbox does *not* work on certain Mac systems as attested to by many users on htese threads.

This screen shot should show you the frustrating circumstance many of us find ourselves in.

Consider this a WARNING TO ALL MAC USERS TO AVOID THESE CANON SCANNERS until there are a number of affirmative reviews of these prodcuts in these support forums.

User uploaded file

Network scanning with Canon MF8030Cn

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.