Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP!!!! FCPx won't open anymore!!

Two days ago, I was working on a 2 week-old project while I wasn't plugged in. Around 47% my MBP just shut off. So I went to the next room, plugged it back in, turned it on, and reopened FCPx. When it was loading, the intro window began stopping once it tried Reading: "[Project I was working on]". So I went into Finder to open the file directly, and upon clicking, it read: The document “CurrentVersion.fcpproject” could not be opened. Resource temporarily unavailable.

I searched the forums and found this thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3331972?start=0&tstart=0. I downloaded the PrefMan, did a backup, trashed the settings, tried to reopen FCPx, and it breezes through the intro window -- but then it freezes upon opening the program, and it just shows a huge dark grey screen that never loads!

Why is it doing this? This is really bad! I can't open the program, and when I load a project directly, it freezes at the same spot: Big blank grey screen where nothing loads.

I can click "File, Edit, Window, etc.." tabs and select what happens in the drop down menus, but there's no action when I click.

I need help!! I don't want to lose all my projects, and I'm very worried, to be quite frank.

Please, please; someone help me out here.

-Carter

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 11:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2011 11:21 AM

Nevermind, found a solution: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3148127.

At the very bottom, David87654321 wrote, "If you get the menu bar up in Final Cut X, but nothing else - you can do the same thing as previosuly mentioned by going to 'Window' then 'Revert to origional layout'."

I tried this and it worked. Now I just have to reclose all the drop-down windows in each Event and Project Folder.

Thanks, Discussion Threads!

-Carter

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 27, 2011 11:21 AM in response to HelloImCarter

Nevermind, found a solution: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3148127.

At the very bottom, David87654321 wrote, "If you get the menu bar up in Final Cut X, but nothing else - you can do the same thing as previosuly mentioned by going to 'Window' then 'Revert to origional layout'."

I tried this and it worked. Now I just have to reclose all the drop-down windows in each Event and Project Folder.

Thanks, Discussion Threads!

-Carter

HELP!!!! FCPx won't open anymore!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.